Does anyone know of a good TV Series we might enjoy? We would love any suggestions. We have almost watched all of "One Tree Hill" and I want to start a new series. We have Netflix and I like a good variety of Movies and TV Shows.
What are your feelings on 24? It's very intense and full of fun twists and excitement, but a couple of the seasons make you think "Enough with the killing Jack? Haven't you knocked off enough people for one day?" But whatever. We like it.
I'm not sure if you're already into these shows (or have already passed on them) but here goes:
The Office Smallville Leave it to Beaver The Simpsons
Here are some BBC-produced mini-series suggestions too:
North & South Berkeley Square The Buccaneers
Or you could always watch the Anne of Green Gables series. I love watching that if I haven't watched it for a while. (Except I don't like the last one-- where Gil and Anne's wedding gets pushed aside for a plot line that Anne Fans would most decidedly like better: World War I.) (?) Meh.
Hey Kamie. Okay, pretty much everyone has said The Office. Love that show. Also enjoy Lost...I know a lot of people don't have the patience for it, but I'm still hooked! I also love Scrubs (Scrubs and The Office are the only 2 sitcoms that actually make me laugh out loud), and one of my all-time favorite shows, Felicity. I can't remember if you said you had watched that one or not, but I would highly reccommend! I also loved My So-Called Life when I was in high school. It was only one season, but it was also a great show.
Oh- make sure you ordered the NBC (American) version of The Office and not the BBC version. :p The BBC version is pretty raunchy, so watch out for that!
Oh yeah, I love Scrubs too. That's a good choice, Claudia. "Its Guy Love, between two guuuuys...." :p And I remember My So-Called Life. That WAS a good show.
Brittany...I don't know you, but I already think we could be friends...I am also HOOKED on those BBC shows. (Do you watch Masterpiece Theater on PBS? I can't get enough, and now I've got my husband hooked, too.) Okay, I have some other suggestions, just because I have Netflix too, and Adam and I are watching these right now:
Regency House Party Colonial House Frontier House Manor House 1900s House 1940s House Texas Ranch House
These are reality shows but historically based--the people on the shows kinda go back in time and have to live with the standards/clothing/technology of the respective time period. Example: Frontier house, 3 families go to rural MT, some have to build their own cabins, plant food/raise livestock, and have to live as if they were in 1883 for about 5 months. The goal is to see if they could survive a winter on the frontier. If you love learning about history, and have ever wanted to live in a different time period (okay, I am a nerd), you will love these shows! Some are British, some are American history. Anyway, check them out! (sorry this is so long!)
I haven't ever watch MONK or PSYCH, but Dustyn has. While we were in Pennsylvania I kept asking him what he was watching (since I am not a big TV fan and I never pay attention) and he'd say Psych or Monk. it was pretty funny. Mostly I guess you had to be there!! Ha ha! I will have to check them out though.
18 comments:
What are your feelings on 24? It's very intense and full of fun twists and excitement, but a couple of the seasons make you think "Enough with the killing Jack? Haven't you knocked off enough people for one day?" But whatever. We like it.
You know, I use to like 24, then I got annoyed and stopped watching it. I wonder if I could get into it again??
I'm not sure if you're already into these shows (or have already passed on them) but here goes:
The Office
Smallville
Leave it to Beaver
The Simpsons
Here are some BBC-produced mini-series suggestions too:
North & South
Berkeley Square
The Buccaneers
Or you could always watch the Anne of Green Gables series. I love watching that if I haven't watched it for a while. (Except I don't like the last one-- where Gil and Anne's wedding gets pushed aside for a plot line that Anne Fans would most decidedly like better: World War I.) (?) Meh.
I actually put "The Office" on my list. Good Choice.
Dustyn would LOVE if I put "The Simpsons" on the list! :) We'll see.
I will for sure look into the others! Thanks for all the suggestions Brittany!
Have you watched any episodes of The Office before? I can't get enough of it!! I am obsessed with Jim & Pam. Season 4 starts on Thursday~ YAY!!!
Nope, I've never watched it. But I hear it's funny!
We don't have cable or satelite or anything, so we just get to watch the "old" stuff!
Hey Kamie. Okay, pretty much everyone has said The Office. Love that show. Also enjoy Lost...I know a lot of people don't have the patience for it, but I'm still hooked! I also love Scrubs (Scrubs and The Office are the only 2 sitcoms that actually make me laugh out loud), and one of my all-time favorite shows, Felicity. I can't remember if you said you had watched that one or not, but I would highly reccommend! I also loved My So-Called Life when I was in high school. It was only one season, but it was also a great show.
Oh- make sure you ordered the NBC (American) version of The Office and not the BBC version. :p The BBC version is pretty raunchy, so watch out for that!
Oh yeah, I love Scrubs too. That's a good choice, Claudia. "Its Guy Love, between two guuuuys...." :p
And I remember My So-Called Life. That WAS a good show.
I've watched a little bit of Scrubs here and there and just never really got into it. I just might have to try again. It looked funny.
Brittany...I don't know you, but I already think we could be friends...I am also HOOKED on those BBC shows. (Do you watch Masterpiece Theater on PBS? I can't get enough, and now I've got my husband hooked, too.) Okay, I have some other suggestions, just because I have Netflix too, and Adam and I are watching these right now:
Regency House Party
Colonial House
Frontier House
Manor House
1900s House
1940s House
Texas Ranch House
These are reality shows but historically based--the people on the shows kinda go back in time and have to live with the standards/clothing/technology of the respective time period. Example: Frontier house, 3 families go to rural MT, some have to build their own cabins, plant food/raise livestock, and have to live as if they were in 1883 for about 5 months. The goal is to see if they could survive a winter on the frontier. If you love learning about history, and have ever wanted to live in a different time period (okay, I am a nerd), you will love these shows! Some are British, some are American history. Anyway, check them out! (sorry this is so long!)
You know what... I think you guys could be really good friends! :)
My suggestions would be House and Grey's Anatomy
Yeah, we could be friends. :p
I LOVED LOVED LOVED all of those shows. My favorite was Frontier House. (Jo-Jo Pumpkin!!)
We now have the BBC America channel and my husband and I watch it all the time. :p I haven't watched Masterpiece on PBS in a while though.
I love HOUSE! But we have to wait for the next season to come out on DVD since we keep current on that show (until we didn't have satelite anymore).
I have thought about Grey's Anatomy though!
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!! :)
We love House, Monk, and Psych
I haven't ever watch MONK or PSYCH, but Dustyn has. While we were in Pennsylvania I kept asking him what he was watching (since I am not a big TV fan and I never pay attention) and he'd say Psych or Monk. it was pretty funny. Mostly I guess you had to be there!! Ha ha! I will have to check them out though.
Post a Comment