Sunday, August 2, 2009

adoption... it's about love.

After numerous requests for a link to donate to our adoption fund, I finally decided to make one.

It has been a struggle for me to decide if we should do this. Can we really accept money from other people to help build our family?

It's hard to let people help you. It's hard to be vulnerable.

But then I was thinking about it.

We love when friends, family, strangers or anyone hand out our pass-along cards. That is how they can help us! For a lot of people, donations is their way of helping and being involved. They don't feel like they can hand out a pass-along card, but they do have extra funds to help us on our journey. And they want to give.

So if donating a dollar or two here and there is your way of helping us on our journey to adopt, thank you so much for your kindness and love.

And if pass-along cards is your style of helping us out, awesome. I will send you as many as you can give away... but more on that later.

I love that so many friends and family want to help us out in our journey to adoption. I love that they want to be involved. It's overwhelming. And wonderful.

I know the best people!

Thank you so much. You love, support and kindness amazes me. We could not travel this road without you.

(and thank you so much for that certain awesome friend that is determined to send me monthly checks in the mail whether I like it or not. Srsly. Best friends ever!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that this is an awesome idea, and I know a lot of couples that are doing it. It is expensive, and it is like having a early baby shower, right!?

Loves you! Hope you had fun at the FSA conference!

marci said...

Yay! I'm glad you decided to open it up for donations. I still didn't see a way to donate yet though. :)

marci said...

Just kidding. I found the button on your homepage. Duh, marci!!

Michelle said...

Hey, where did your button go???