Wednesday, August 4, 2010

it's the stats

Four Months Old
IMG_6339

We went to the doctor today for shots and blood work.
IMG_6337

Gage is now:
15lb 12oz (60th Percentile)
26 inches long (90th Percentile)
(even though when I measure him, he's a little longer. Ha ha)

IMG_3299
IMG_3316
IMG_3327

The lady who was trying to take his blood (to check his anemia) struggled. They got the needle in and couldn't find the vein. She was fishing around and around. She finally pulled it out and tried again. And fished some more. Poor Gage. Of course, it wasn't her fault. I can only imagine babies are hard. I just felt bad for him. He was so good though. He cried a little bit, but he's the bravest boy I know. Oh how I miss the days of the heel prick. I hope his blood counts are a lot better so we don't have to go through that again. (or much worse)

IMG_3356

5 comments:

The Barclay Family said...

Your description of them taking his blood makes me cringe! Hopefully his anemia will be much better!!

Marc and Megan said...

he's getting so so big... and he's so dang cute! and, I just have to add that Hugh is wearing the exact same striped onesie today! :)

Jill Elizabeth said...

How on earth does he get cuter from month to month? I don't know how he does it, but he does it :-)

Boo for blood draws. What a brave little guy!

brandon and jakell said...

so cute. wish i lived closer :(

Ruth said...

He is tall! He's about as long as Quinn and Quinn outweighs him by nearly 5 pounds. So fun for you!