Thursday, December 9, 2010

dear grandpa

i miss you.

i can't believe you are gone.

IMG_4502

i can't stop the tears from falling.

it's funny all the things you wish you would have done once someone passes away.

why don't we do those things everyday?

why is this the only picture i can find of you with gage?

i wish he would have had the opportunity to know you when he grew up.

i'm so thankful for the time you spent with him.

we love you.

we will never forget you or the fun memories we have of you.

we will never forget the way you served those around you.

i can't wait to tell gage about his great-grandpas. such wonderful men.



you are always in our hearts.



we love you forever. xoxo

dustyn, kamie and gage

8 comments:

AubreyMo said...

Grandpas are the best. I miss mine every day. Love you and I'm here if you need a shoulder.

Dad said...

Kamie, Grandpa was so very happy when you guys got Gage, as was grandma. He loved that little guy and you know he loved you and Dustyn so much. We will all miss his bear hugs and will miss him at all of our activities... Both of you grandpas will always be watching over our families.
Dad

Heather said...

Oh no, it seems to be a bad time for losing loved ones at the moment. Thank goodness he got to meet Gage, and you have such a cute happy photo to treasure.

*hug*

Unknown said...

I love you Kam. I am so sorry about your grandpa. please know we are thinking of you and praying for you. I remember seeing your grandpa at Gage's sealing, he seemed like a wonderful man! Just know he is holding your Hannah today.

Heidi said...

Kamie, I am so sorry about your Grandpa. I will keep your family in my prayers. Love & miss you tons!

The Barclay Family said...

So sorry for your loss Kam. I agree with Aubrey, Grandpas are the best. *HUGS*

Unknown said...

I wish that my kids had a Grandpa around. They will never know what that is like. =(

This is the sweetest letter, and I love that picture.

Onda Vee Dotson said...

Kamie, that is a beautiful tribute for Grandpa! He loved you all so much, and was so proud of all of you, and so am I!!!!