Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cinnamon Spaghetti Sauce anyone?

Tonight we decided to have Spaghetti. Of course we pulled the trusted jar of Ragu traditional sauce out of the pantry. Yes. I am lazy. I use to make my own sauce, now I am lazy. But we always eat the same kind of sauce. I really like it. Add a little cheese and a few spices, walla! Yum! So Dustyn pulled out the sauce and started warming it while I was cleaning the fridge. Suddenly a cinnamon aroma filled the kitchen. We smelled the freezer and the candle on the stove checking to see where it was coming from. We figured it had to be the candle. It is a Christmas one of sorts, but it is always on my stove, so it doesn't really smell anymore. So we think nothing more of it.

I get my plate of pasta with cheese and sauce. I take a big bite. Wait, did I put apple sauce on my Spaghetti or spaghetti sauce? Yes, that is right. Our sauce had a cinnamon flavor. Either thy messed up the recipe and thought they were making apple sauce or we will have to find a new brand. I mean it was okay, but far to sweet and dessert like. Weird.

No comments: