Monday, December 7, 2009

Gingerbread House, anyone?



This was our attempt at a good 'ole fashion homemade gingerbread house. Sadly I can't show you the wicked awesome windows on the sides or even the back because sadly, this is our only lasting photo. Shortly after this photo was taken, Dustyn was holding it over the sink to sprinkle crushed candy canes on top (i may or may not have had a cow when he started sprinkling them all over the table. (i.e. FLOOR). As he was sprinkling, it crashed and fell in a bowl of water. Suddenly it became a soggy gingerbread house. Really though, it was pretty sweet. We may try to attempt one next week, we'll see.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Is gingerbread house building a common American thing to do?

Unknown said...

you guys rock!

Shae said...

wow...that's awesome! way to add the contemporary look to your gingerbread house! :)

Lovely Lisa said...

Yes, definitely not your standard gingerbread house. Looks good, though!

Michelle said...

Okay, that is awesome. I love it!! You totally have to attempt it again. I can't wait to get started on our gingerbread house and train this year.

Lara Zierke said...

it's got a funky Picasso vibe. Love it.

Unknown said...

I want to be more motivated and make one this year. I am not thinking that I will be, but it's the thought!