Thursday, March 31, 2011

my mom cooks good.

Hey.

Gage here.
IMG_3460
I decided that my mom makes the best food ever. And just for me. (okay, so just for breakfast and lunch. She has to cook what dad wants for dinner. boo. He just doesn't get it)

I decided you needed to hear about what she made for lunch today.

1 potato, peeled, washed and diced.
2 or 3 slices of green pepper, diced.
1/2 cup of black beans, rinsed.
3 florets of broccoli.
1 handful of fresh cilantro, rinsed and chopped.
1/2 pat of butter.
(okay, you can add whatever vegetables you have in your fridge, at least that is what my mom says. I say I like it this way. Last week she made potatoes and fresh parsley. I mean come on, really? PARSLEY! I still ate it like a champ)

Put all of your veggies in boiling water.
(or steam them, whatever. My mom is laaaa-zy.)
Boil until tender. Add butter and cilantro. Stir to combine.

Yum.

That is how my mom forces me to eat vegetables. Okay, so not really. I love vegetables.

It's the milk in a sippy that gets to me. Blech! Oh, and how to keep my food in my bowl and not on the floor. Bwah-ha-ha.

p.s. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Being 1 is not too shabby.

6 comments:

AubreyMo said...

Your kid eats better than I do! So...when are you going to teach me to eat real foods?

Jill Elizabeth said...

Gage is looking terribly grown-up all of a sudden. How did that happen?

Rick said...

Mom must be a good cook cuz this little man is a good eater, and loves to eat by himself..

Heather said...

I do something totally similar but while the vegies are boiling, I cook diced fresh tomatoes and onions in a frying pan (the butter goes in there) and when the veg is cooked I mix it up then put it in the frying pan to combine with the onion/tomato/butter mix. I love it!

dust and kam said...

Heather, so sounds good! I think I must try that!

Unknown said...

You are a good cook...I crave your pizza all the time!!!