Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hoover's Cafe

Last night, Dustyn and I went to Hoover's Cafe with my mom and dad. My mom ordered a Extreme Hoover Burger and Dustyn ordered an Full Hoover Pastrami Burger. They had to have been the biggest hamburgers I have ever seen. My mom's had a one pound hamburger patty and Dustyn's had two 1/2 pound hamburger patties! That is a lot of meat!!

Well the service was.... well.... crappy. Dustyn's hamburger was COMPLETELY raw and gross. So he sent it back. He also got all you can eat shrimp. Well the waitress only bringing one plate at a time (mom and Dustyn both had shrimp). Well she dropped off a plate and walked off. Dustyn said, "My word" in frustration. It just so happen that one of the owners was walking by at the exact same time. She stopped to see what we needed. We told her. The waitress came back with shrimp and then stormed off. Well somewhere she must have received an attitude adjustment, because the next time she came back she was so nice. She apologized and offered Dustyn a piece of free chocolate cake. It was a BIG piece of cake.

It was fun though.




5 comments:

Ruth said...

I have not been to Hoover's because it's always closed when we try to go, but I am a BIG fan of the Big Rock Candy Mountain place. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. If you haven't been, add it to the "must eats" list. Huge menu and everything is good.

Michelle said...

Maybe she took a smoke break or something. lol. Either that or she realized she wasn't gonna get tipped if she didn't shape up. That's too funny.

I think I'm gonna go get myself a big burger now. That sounds good. My favorite is Red Robyn. Mmmmm...so good.

Michelle said...

p.s. Is that a steak knife holding that burger together?? Wow.

Anonymous said...

It was a Huge Burger! I got the Extream so Kamie and Dustyn could see it. I wanted to share 1/2 with Chet when I got home. (Chet was a brat and didn't get home until way after midnight). Anyway, it was really good. I ended up eating 1/4 of the burger then I was stuffed. It was funny to see Dustyn eat all of his. We had a good yummy time. Now I want to go back!

Brandon and JaKell said...

I wish we lived closer! That place is awesome, mom and dad took us there last time we were down, looks like you had fun!!!