
As I was thinking about the date today, I realized that 4 years ago today, Decker Lake Youth Center called and offered me a job. Of course, I accepted it. My first real job. A state job! That was on a Tuesday.
On Wednesday, my dad took me to Provo. We were looking for a new truck! I mean I had just got a new job... of course I needed a new truck! So we came home with my brand new 2003 Toyota Tacoma. It had 13 miles on it. Being the nice daughter that I am... I let my dad drive half of the way home. While we were doing the financing... a boy called me on my cell phone. I had no idea who it was and didn't recognize the number. So I answered and quickly handed the phone to my dad thinking that it was Jared (JaKell's husband at the time). Well come to find out... it was Dustyn. We had talked at Family Home Evening on Monday and he had FINALLY asked me out. It took him long enough to even notice me at all. But our date was planned for Thursday. He was calling to make sure that things were still on. (really he missed me... he just didn't know it yet).
On Thursday, Dustyn picked me up and we drove up to American Fork to go to the Haunted Forest. Of course he took me to a haunted house.. hmm.... why else do boys take dates to Haunted Houses? It was a great time! And of course his plan worked. When things kept jumping out of me of course I latched on to his arm! I mean what's a girl to do? We drove home hand in hand afraid to let go (ha ha! Don't you love that feeling?) He took me home and kissed me! From there the rest is history!
On Friday, Dustyn and I drove to St, George to attend Matt's football game. Of course HE drove. He put more miles on my truck than I did! I still think he married me for my truck! Ha ha! Well it turned out that we showed up on the wrong day for Matt's game. So we had dinner at Cafe Rio and turned around and came home.
On Saturday and Sunday we hung out all day. The bishop asked me what was up... and I told him that Dustyn just might be the one!! :)
On Monday morning bright and early, I moved to SLC, and started my job at Decker! We talked on the phone every night for 2-3 hours. I came home on the weekends and put about 8,000 miles on my truck in the first three month I had it.
A couple weeks later, we decided to get married. We went ring shopping. I was so nervous. It was so funny. At one point, I just had to sit down and breathe. It was all so fast and crazy, but so right and good!
On November 7th, Dustyn took me up Monrovian Canyon and proposed. It was now official. After working at Decker Lake for 5 weeks or so, I quit and moved back home to be with Dustyn. The people there thought I was crazy... and maybe I am. It was hard to tell them that I was quitting after I just finished training, but it was worth it! I moved home the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving at Dustyn's mom's house. (She still thinks that we had been dating for months and months. I am not sure if we have convinced her yet...even today).
We were married on January 10, 2004 in the Manti, Utah Temple. It was a day that I will never forget! From there we headed to Jackson Hole. Who goes to Jackson Hole in January? Only crazy people, I guess.
I can't believe it has almost been 4 years. I can't believe that the time has past so quickly. There have been so many great events in the past four years. Here are some of the major life changing ones.
*Our baby Hannah
*Buying a house
*Remodeling our House
*Kamie's Elk Hunt
*Dustyn getting his Master's
*Adoption
But most of all we just love spending time together. It's all the little things that make our life great. All the day to day things and time that we are able to spend together. I love subbing because I get to see him more and we are able to have Lunch together quite often!
This is and will always be a special month to me. Especially this week! Four years ago, it was one of the best weeks of my life. When I finally convinced Dustyn that he loved me!
15 comments:
Love the story!!! and I remember when you got engaged!!!you just glowed and I was so happy for you. Thanks for sharing that with me.
We have some things in common, I got engaged in Nov. and married in Jan., but we didn't travel as far on our honeymoom. A foot of snow, but we made it to Zion's from Big Rock Candy Mountain.
Oh and I went to Provo to college that fall, but drove home every weekend to be with John putting lots of miles on my '62Nova, that he always said he married me for. Unfortunately, I sold it and bought wheat for food storage. Still have the wheat!!wish I had the car!!
Awe...how cute. Funny you posted this. Just a couple nights ago I was laying in bed thinking how it has been 3 years since I first flew out to meet Mike. Time sure does fly.
Okay, I guess I'll repeat what everyone else has said already...I remember that time too! I was so excited that you were moving to SLC and we could hang out, and then all of a sudden you were engaged! But you were so cute and happy and excited. And also, I was jealous of your cool new truck!...and also crazy that I was also married in January, and we totally have the same dress!! But hey, it was a good one, and it just shows that we have great taste!
Thanks everyone!
Debbie: Of course, I wanted to share it with you! I love you! You were my favorite Richfield Hogi Yogi buddy, of course! I miss those times. And all the stories! And I bet it was warmer in Zion's! Ha ha! And... at least you have wheat! That is more than we have. Good thing you live close. Ha ha ha! Just kidding.
Michelle: Wow... that was three years ago? C-r-a-z-y! And now you have Mike! And one and a half kids! Ha ha!! Cedar City Hogi Yogi! Woohooo!!
Claudia: Of course we have great taste! It was after all the best dress ever! I was really sad that we didn't get to spend more time together... but of course happy that I found Dustyn! Those were some great times though... in Murray! Every time I am driving up that way... I think of you!!! And Applebee's too! And of course you are one of my favorite SUU Hogi Yogi friends!
I LOVE Hogi Yogi Friends!
Kamie--do you know ANYONE who hasn't worked at Hogi Yogi? J/K!
Kamie, what a cute story! I loved reading every detail of it! It was about this time six years ago that Marc and I first met. Reading your story brought a flood of memories of first meeting Marc. Thanks for sharing! :)
I was just gonna ask how many friends you made at hogi yogi. HAHA. Go hog-n-yog!!
Hogi Yogi LOVES me!
And we love Hogi Yogi! I actually tried posting a comment earlier today but blogger was down, so pretend I wrote something cute and clever. Thanks for sharing your story!
What a great story!
Why does it make me feel soooo cozy wonderful to know you love my brother soooo much? love you!
Kamie, I really like you. You make me happy! yay for happy stories.
Kamie, you kids and your whirlwind romances and fast engagements are the reason I am so gray, I have decided! I'm so glad that you two are so happy and that you get along so well. And we wish you all the best as tomorrow rolls around. We are thinking a lot of you guys and Hannah and sure are proud of how strong you guys have been through adversity!!
Love you lots...
Dad
I love reading this romantic story. Now I see all the things I miss when I don't take time to get on the computer. Other than 17 hours of netflix (Thanks you guys). I remember you stocking the Art teacher at South Sevier High School. We drove over to the High school to see if he would come out of the building. Ya, you were in love before he knew what was comming. Kamie I loved seeing you so happy and excited about life. Ya, we weren't shocked when you told us you were in engaged. Jace's cooking had a lot to do with it also.Ha,Ha... We love you both. Thank you for letting us into your life.
Post a Comment