Yeah, that didn't work. We went Ice Fishing two days in a row and caught zero fish. Well technically my dad and Tina caught a fish today, but Dustyn and I did not. But we had a fabulous time fishing! It was such a nice warm day! Even though we had a tent and all to keep warm, we didn't even use it. :)
We moved around a little and tried new holes. Nothing. A couple people drove up, drilled a few holes and caught 7 fish just like that. Easy-peasy. They packed up and left. Dustyn and I went over and fished in their holes for a while. Nothing. Nothing at all. My dad caught a fish so we moved on over closer to him. Some more people came over and used the holes we had just left. Yep, that is right. They start catching them right and left. The people that drilled next to them, 14. We were so close we could hear them say, "Man, they are biting anything!" Uhm... really? Cause they don't seem to like whatever we have. And we tried everything.
Tina and Jace finally started wandering and using other people's holes that were drilled earlier in the day. She barely dropped her line in and caught a fish. Lucky! So we start wandering finding holes and waiting and waiting. Nothing. It just wasn't our day to fish I guess.
On Friday we went up to Fishlake. The ice up there is so cool! It is clear and quite creepy... but oh so fun! We were sliding EVERYWHERE! So fun! I have video that I am going to try and upload now.
But until then, let's get to the question of the day!
Question 3: Have you ever run out of gas in your car?
Answer: Yes. Once. Last Christmas.
My parents were out of town and we had nothing to do and wanted to go get a drink. We knew we were low on gas but of course we weren't able to buy any since it was Christmas. We decided that we better head on over to Flying J (we had forgotten completely about them before) and get some gas. We never made it there. And it was COLD. Of course it was the one time we had BOTH left our cell phones home. It was freezing. So off we go, trekking to Flying J. Oh yeah, we were not dressed warm either. We finally get there, frozen, and convince them to let us borrow the phone. We had to call my parents to find out my little brother's cell phone number. We finally get ahold of him and he comes and rescues us. Fun times for sure. We will never live that one down. :P
We moved around a little and tried new holes. Nothing. A couple people drove up, drilled a few holes and caught 7 fish just like that. Easy-peasy. They packed up and left. Dustyn and I went over and fished in their holes for a while. Nothing. Nothing at all. My dad caught a fish so we moved on over closer to him. Some more people came over and used the holes we had just left. Yep, that is right. They start catching them right and left. The people that drilled next to them, 14. We were so close we could hear them say, "Man, they are biting anything!" Uhm... really? Cause they don't seem to like whatever we have. And we tried everything.
Tina and Jace finally started wandering and using other people's holes that were drilled earlier in the day. She barely dropped her line in and caught a fish. Lucky! So we start wandering finding holes and waiting and waiting. Nothing. It just wasn't our day to fish I guess.
On Friday we went up to Fishlake. The ice up there is so cool! It is clear and quite creepy... but oh so fun! We were sliding EVERYWHERE! So fun! I have video that I am going to try and upload now.
But until then, let's get to the question of the day!
Question 3: Have you ever run out of gas in your car?
Answer: Yes. Once. Last Christmas.
My parents were out of town and we had nothing to do and wanted to go get a drink. We knew we were low on gas but of course we weren't able to buy any since it was Christmas. We decided that we better head on over to Flying J (we had forgotten completely about them before) and get some gas. We never made it there. And it was COLD. Of course it was the one time we had BOTH left our cell phones home. It was freezing. So off we go, trekking to Flying J. Oh yeah, we were not dressed warm either. We finally get there, frozen, and convince them to let us borrow the phone. We had to call my parents to find out my little brother's cell phone number. We finally get ahold of him and he comes and rescues us. Fun times for sure. We will never live that one down. :P
7 comments:
No. Locked myself out plenty of times, (thank goodness my new car has keyless entry--Troy knows me too well) but never run out of gas.
Yes once when we were poor students. My brother had given me a car and we used to put in $5 each petrol per week to get to university and back. For whatever reason (end of the week maybe?) we ran out of petrol right on a corner just before the university gates! We managed to push it up onto the footpath and walk back to town for petrol but not for a while coz my sister was convinced there was some other reason for the breakdown lol. Never did make it to class that day.
I easily could do it again coz Ryan drives one car until it's light goes on then takes it as a challenge to get home before it runs out. The next day he takes a different car and I go to turn on my car-no petrol! I've chugged my way to the petrol station freaking I wouldnt get there soooo many times lol.
i have never ran out of gas, but Greg has when we were first married, so of course that was WAY before cell phones! ok it was before WE had a cell. I didnt know until he got home. what a day it was for him though! I felt so bad.
Sounds like a fun day of fishing. I think your problem was you were having TOO much fun to catch anything!!! I have never been ice fishing, it looks pretty fun! We hAVE to go fishing with you guys next summer!!! WE WILL GET GREAT OUT THERE! :) I think ANika would LOVE it!!
Wow! Ice fishing sounds cold!! You are brave!!
Everytime I see or read about you going to fish lake I am so jealous especially when you are ice fishing. I love that!
I don't think I have ever ran out of gas, except on our four-wheeler so we just pushed it home. I think it was a couple miles we were so tired.
This is a fun idea.
Kamie,
I hate when that happens!! Dale and I went fishing off the docks in Utah Lake, and we weren't catching anything, but this family comes up, throws their poles 6 feet away from us and they catch about 10 fish. Where is the reasoning? So we moved where they were after and no such luck. Picky lil fishies.
That reminds me of an old post I did here: http://www.classesandjobs.com/biggest-little-fish/
Anyway to answer your question...I have run out of gas. In the winter, in my (ex)boyfriends car. We were on the freeway, and we had to coast off of an exit, and UP a hill to the gas station. Thankfully we made it.
It was such a nice day Saturday-glad you had fun fishing.
I'm about to run out of gas right now. The light came on yesterday (Sunday) and I haven't filled up yet. EEKK
Post a Comment