So for the past few days there have been these two beagles running around our neighborhood. I have no idea who they belong to, but I wish they'd find their owners with those sniffy noses of theirs. They run around sniffing and howling like they are tracking something. Apparently whatever they are tracking has spent a significant amount of time in our back yard. I know you are thinking, what's the big deal... well their howls sound like a dying ... something. Nothing that would come from a cute little dog. Both of them sound different. Put them together and it's torture. But they just run around sniffing and howling hot on the tracks of something.
This morning they were running around and Dustyn could hear them. Suddenly he heard a bang and the howling stopped. After it was gone for so long he figured someone must have been just as annoyed. But after he went to school, they started up again. They have been running around our yard and the neighbors all morning. I can't shew them away. Dustyn can. They just look at me like I am stupid.
Bruce gets annoyed and wants to bark at them. But he has been pretty good today. He just sits and watches them run around the yard with their noses to the ground. I know he want to bark... but he's a good dog. But the dog next door wants in on the action too. So much barking!
Maybe they will find their owners soon. I sure hope. I have never seen them around before until this last week.
3 comments:
I always thought beagles were cute...maybe I should reconsider because of the barking??? I've never actually heard them bark before--let alone as a duet!
Two words: Animal control
I say let the cops find their owners. : )
Sounds like our neighborhood. Sitting on the patio tonight and they were on both sides all the time I was there. I love it!!!!!!!
Post a Comment