Friday, September 21, 2007

Hannah


Today as I was surfing my regular blogs, I came across one that made me sad. :( A sweet couple had just lost their baby. My mind was flooded with thoughts of Hannah. I can't believe it has been almost three years since she left this earth to live with her Heavenly Father. We miss her and can't wait to be reunited with her again. I know without a doubt that Familes are Forever and that we will be with her again. October is always a hard month. It's the month where I hide out at home and hope that no one sees me or talks to me. I avoid all social activities and stay home. But it's also one of my all time favorite months.

When I think back I also remember all the good things as well. All the love and support that helped make us through the first few months. Of course it still hurts and of course I still think about her everyday, but that is because we love her so much.

**I hope the picture doesn't bother anyone too much. If it does, let me know. I am sure that most of you never got see her pictures.

16 comments:

Christie said...

wow, that's exactly what my Gibson looked like! I loved looking at your picture because I keep trying to think about him and what he looked like because we didn't take any pictures. I just want to say I don't know you, but I love you! thank you for your strength and for the support. And you're little girl is beautiful!

dust and kam said...

We got to spend a few hour with her and were all able to hold her and take lots of photos. They gave us all the time that we needed. The hospital also took photos like they do with newborns and gave them to me at no cost (That is what this photo is from). They even dressed her in a little outfit and put a hat on her. They were all super nice. They gave me all her stuff and her little blanket when I left. They also gave me a little unofficial birth certificate with her foot and hand prints on it. I figured Hannah and Gibson were about the same size. Hannah was 6 oz but she was 8 inches long.

Thanks for letting me talk to you!

Anonymous said...

Kamie (& Dustyn) I am sorry that you have had to feel this pain. Thank you for sharing with us. My thoughts are with you and I know that you guys will be great parents when the time comes. I will keep praying for you!

Amy said...

I never saw the pictures and am interested in seeing more. I think of you every October Kamie... love you!

Katelyn said...

You are awesome! :)

Ruth said...

I love you Kam

Brandon and JaKell said...

We will always remember Hana and CamRee to this day still remembers to bless Hanna in her prayers and loves that they share a birthday.
Thankyou for sharing this with us. We love you!!!!

Brandon and JaKell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Kamie you are one amazing person and I have always admired your strength. My admiration for you grows every day. Your awesome!

Claudia said...

Oh my gosh, Kamie! I never did see any pictures, but as I look at this one, all I keep thinking is how PERFECT she is! Those perfectly formed little fingers! I'm glad I got to see this picture of her (and would also be interested in seeing more!) I am so sorry for you that you lost her, but also glad that you had that precious time to spend with her. Thanks for sharing.

Onda Vee Dotson said...

Kamie, Thank You for sharing your story of Hannah with us. Time goes by so quickly and we tend to forget dates and times. I had never seen a picture either, and she is perfectly formed, and beautiful. I never knew how much time you got to spend with Hannah, and that you do have the memorbilia from her birth. I am so sorry you and Dustyn had to experience all this pain, but it is so neat that you make a special remenbrance for her each year. You are both wonderful, sensitive, loving people, and will be very loving parents soon, I know! My heart aches for you to get a baby.

Onda Vee Dotson said...

Kamie, Thank you also for sharing all the stories and happenings in your life. I enjoy them all, and feel that I get to know you better.I love you guys, Very Much.
Grandma Dotson

dust and kam said...

Thanks for everyone's comments! You are all so nice! I can post a full picture if everyone wants to see it. I will try to find one with Dustyn and I. But it won't be until Monday or so.

Thanks everyone! Love you all!

Sharon said...

Thank you so much for posting it. What a tiny, perfect little girl! What a neat thing to have. I know that I would have just as many pictures, were I in the same situation. We all love you very much, Kamie! I'd like to see more, too - if you have them!

Marc and Megan said...

Kamie, I'm so sorry for your loss - my heart aches for you. I'm glad that you celebrate Hannah and share her with us... she is a testimony of the miracle of life at such an early stage. May God continue to bless you.

Anonymous said...

Dustyn and Kamie,
I love you.