Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Marathon

I think it would be so awesome to run a marathon.  Actually I hate running, but I want to love it.  I want to be able to run for 3 hours!  I want to find motivation to do it.  

I really want to run the 1/2 marathon next year.  Those of you who don't love running and have trained/ran a marathon, how did you find the motivation everyday to go running?  I think I would do good for a few weeks, maybe even a month.  But I always lose motivation.  :P

The questions of all time:

How do you find motivation?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I HATE HATE HATE running last summer my friend got me to run we were going to start training for a 5k which is NOW next month but NOPE I haven't ran since last summer!! I need to get back to running or at least getting off my butt and exercise!!

try going to this website it is from couch to 5k. it is a cool program. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml maybe I should do it again!!! :)

Maybe you and I could do THIS 5k together next year...http://runningwithangels.com/ have you heard this story?? go to her website and read about her. she is such an inspiration!!

Shell said...

How I did it wes by following the book "the non-runners marathon trainer" Or something like that (a black book with a guy running on the cover with a sunset behind him) It was a great book and the marathon was great although it took me 6 hours not 3. I really would like to do another one. If you decide to do one let me know and I might join you. You only need about 20 weeks to train and the book says if you follow the plan you will be able to finish the race. You won't win but the goal really is to finish especially the first one.

Shell said...

We (my sisters and I) did the Texas marathon it was cool because they only allow 350 people and it is actually 4 laps and I really liked that. I like to know how much I have left.

Anonymous said...

I have two kids, some extra "fluff," and I also HATE running. In the past 6 months..I ran three 1/2 marathons.

My advice is to find a good running partner/friend that will help you stay motivated and that you can keep a conversation with for 2+ hours.

Do it and keep it up! You will never regret it!

Lovely Lisa said...

Not sure about what their motivation is, but my SILs walk marathons. One of them has finished in about five hours before. They sell books on how to train for walking a marthon.

Go here: http://www.cedarcityreview.com/articles.php?id=2679