Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's TAX day!

Luckily we always get our taxes done like the first week in February, so today is just another day for us.  But last night we finally caved and went and spend some of our tax return.  Apparently our savings account is just too easy to get into!  But look at our new toys!!  Yay!!
Except ours is pewter, but I couldn't find a picture of the one we actually have - and I am not at home...
This will make my summer MUCH more enjoyable.  The fan we had previously quit working about 2+ years ago.  It's been hot.  This fan is super nice!  It reverses to circulate air in the winter and the summer!  And it has a remote.  Nice!  I hope this one last longer than the last.  We installed it last night.  On the lowest setting it works so well!  And is so quiet.  It's huge, it seemed a LOT smaller in Home Depot.  Ha ha.  I know, I am FAR too excited about a ceiling fan!  lol

We also got a screen door!  Yay!  It's just one that you can use when you need it and when you don't need it, it rolls back into the side.  I didn't want to put a big ugly screen on my door.  I like my black door too much.  In fact it is the only part I do like on the exterior of our house!  :)

So that is our excitement on tax day! 

 (I won't tell you about the other financially smart decision we made yesterday.  Ha ha.  We are allowed to play a little, right?)  ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

what did you buy yesterday? WII??? :)

dust and kam said...

Ha ha ha ha!

Jenny said...

WII?!?!?! I knew it! I knew you'd give in! Good for you! Ha ha ha!

Unknown said...

I KNEW we were kindred. I totally have a black door too! And I am in L O V E with my ceiling fan. Dying to hear what you bought! ;)

Necia said...

You have a wii? I am totally jealous! I have never played one but...they look so FUN! I want one

Lovely Lisa said...

We went out and stimulated the economy the other night... Bradley got a new suit. :) But now I'm thinking about a ceiling fan, too!