Man, I was doing so well, now it's been almost a week since I have posted.
Not much has been going on this week.
I am sure you have noticed that I tried something new on my blog.
I am not a very good blog designer, but it was fun and will do for a week or two. You know me.
There just aren't layouts out there for wide three column blogs. :P
Question for today:
Do you wash your car? Or let the car was do it?
I usually go to the self serve car washes, so that basically counts as doing it yourself.
In the summer we usually wash them in the drive way.

13 comments:
Hi Kamie ~ I do love your new blog design. I wouldn't know where to begin to create my own background. I do have a question for you though . . . is there somewhere I can go to get a three-column layout? I haven't looked very hard.
To answer your question ~ I never wash my car. I love when it rains. My husband will sometimes wash my car when he is trying to get out of doing other household chores that are not so much fun. :) If I had more time I would wash my car. I kind of enjoy it! I'm sure when the girls are older they will help me. Until then, I will just hope it rains every once in awhile & the car isn't parked in the garage. Or that my husband will try to get out of some menial task every now & then.
Que is my car washer! He has OCD about having a clean vehicle. LOL!
Otherwise I think I'd let the rain wash the mud/dirt off. :p
Oh, and Pssshhh! You are a very good blog designer!
How do you even go about learning how to design a blog background? I just don't think that I am that smart. I do love 3 column back grounds, and definitely don't want to go back to a 2.
On to the question...yes, I wash my car, because the newness hasn't worn off yet. Wait a couple of years, and I won't care. I do it by hand in the summer...just in the drive way. BUT in the winter I do it at the one that I can just spray it off for a minute thirty, and hurry and get back in the car. lol
It's funny you should ask that. I can count on one hand the number of times we've washed our car ourselves since we moved to NC. It rains so much here that it's usually no big deal to let the rain take care of it. But last week after it snowed, the darn thing was covered in road salt residue. I took it to the car wash and there was a line of people for the automatic (which is what we usually do), so I opted for the only open manual wash bay.
We have a magnet on the back of the car, and the high-pressure hose kept blasting it off. One of the times I went to pick it up, I guess the pressure of the water must have been too much because it took out a chunk of skin on my thumb! I didn't even realize it was bleeding till a few minutes later because I was too busy trying to keep quarters in the machine.
So that's my car wash story. BTW, your background is great!
love your blog's new look! car washing? I love having a clean car. I rarely have a clean car. It's at the bottom of the to do list. Maybe I would work at it more if I had a car I liked... :)
In Perth, you are only allowed to wash your car with a bucket of water. I tend to do it about 3 times over summer and not at all in winter.
LOVING the new colours, they're beautiful and very 'Heather'. I'm sure pleasing my eyeballs is exactly what you had in mind when you did it, right lol? :P
that subway drawing is hillarious!! i worked at subway and the thought never even occured to me because they told me to do it the overlapping way!! ha ha
We have a truck that rarely gets washed unless something is happening(A carwash is the choice for us). We joke about it raining and stating we need to wash it. (its doens't come clean). but then its for the best cause my husbands motorcycle is under the carport.
We usually wash them on our lawn in the summer. If we wash it in the winter it is at a manual car wash.
Lately, it is the rain. And the Subway note is freaking HILAR. Tessilate. So so so funny.
http://thecutestblogontheblog.com is starting to come out with some three-column blogs in the scrapbook style, and http://bloggerblogtemplates.com has several in the more traditional styles (ie, non-scrapbook).
I've been searching for one myself because for my Relief Society blog, my one side column is just getting too long and cumbersome, but my ideas go on and on. I think I'm going to settle on http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free-backgrounds/item/492/asInline for http://oorsweeklyupdate.blogspot.com . . . if I ever get around to it.
Post a Comment