My super cool friend Marci (aka NoDoubtMarci) alerted me to the fact that No Doubt is going on tour this summer!! Apparently she is a fanatic! And who doesn't love Gwen? Love her! Who else would they be going on tour with, you ask? That would be Paramore. (I am thinking anyone who liked the Twilight movie is a fan of Paramore. Love them! Think Decode) Awesome. And so exciting!
Question for the day: Where were you 9.11.01?
I was in bed. I was having a dream of a plane hitting the twin towers. I wake up to find that my alarm was actually going off (the radio) and they were talking about the breaking news. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on. Was it really only a dream? Or actually happening? I ran into the TV room and turned on the TV. It was definitely not a dream. I was glued. For hours. Days. Weeks. I was watching the TV when the second plane hit. After watching for a few hours, I headed off to school. Listening all the way of course. All my classes were cancelled. I went into the student center and watched some more. Could this really be happening? I went to work that evening at Smead. As soon as it was break time, we were all glued to the TV some more. What a devastating day in history that I will never forget.
12 comments:
I was baby sitting my nieces watching cartoons when my brother came home and we changed the channel to watch I could not believe it!!
I was asleep coz it happened middle of the night in NZ. When I woke up Chrissy told me about it as she'd been awake on the internet all night with the telly on in the background. I didnt even know what the two towers were until then.
I had just gotten home the day before it happened after giving birth to my daughter. I went to back to bed and then my husband told me again about it.. Then when we went to the hospital we had to show id and soon everything was closed or on lock down so it made it pretty hard for us to get stuff or leave
I was in 8th grade. . .I woke up that morning thinking of a lesson we'd had in school the day before, about how something important happens every day.
I woke up on 9/11, looked in the mirror and told myself, "nothing important is going to happen today". Then I got to school and found out what was happening. Sad day, my heart still goes out to the survivors, all those wonderful people we lost, and the loved ones it left behind.
defenately a day no one will ever forget!
I was huge 8 months pregnant with CamRee unable to sleep so I went out to the family room to turn the TV on but at that time all we had were local fuzzy chanels I turned it on as they were showing the replay of the first plane..I thought it was a movie but realized after a bit it wasn't I could hardly hear it because of the static so I had to turn on the radio to know what was happening... it was crazy!
Dana was having Jenessa at the very moment and they were watcing the tv while she was pushing...
memories...
It was one of the rare mornings I wasn't listening to the radio before school, so I had no clue it was even happening. I walked from 400 South down 700 West to the SUU campus. If you're familiar with that street, it's lined with trees and very beautiful in the fall. I remember thinking how peaceful it was, which is ironic to think about now.
So I got to class in one of the computer labs in the Centrum. The professor walked in and asked us if we were reading about "what's going on." I tried to get on CNN.com but it was too jammed with other people trying to get on it. I finally figured out what was happening, but it took me awhile to realize the full scope of it. I remember watching some of the news coverage in the student center living room, and watching more of it at home. I started crying when Bradley walked in the door. It was a very emotional day.
I was in bed too. Ryan's mom called, and told us to turn on the TV. I went to work, and it was the quietest day we've ever had-I don't remember if anyone came in the whole day. It was a very sad day!
On another note, I saw NO DOUBT in 2000. Very disapointing concert. Love Gwen on her albums, but man was she vulgar at the live show!
HEY KAM!! YAY you passed on the awesome news of No Doubt touring this year!! :) That made my day to see that on your blog! And the picture I posted from my blog. You are too awesome.
Um, on 9-11 I was in bed and my law student roommate was watching tv completely intently and I went downstairs, totally clueless and she shouted at me, "haven't you heard the news?! It's all over!! How can you sleep through this?!" She was totally buggin out. So she caught me up on the news and I went to school and watched the news at my Institute class. Very sad day, I was just in shock the rest of the day, like "Did that really happen to the US?" Ugh, it was horrible.
I was getting ready to go to my history class when my roommate's mom called and told her to turn on the TV. That was just before the first tower collapsed. My classes were not cancelled, but we talked about it a little. Then I had to work at Hogi Yogi but was still able to listen to the TVs in the student center. What a crazy day.
I was at home with Brayden who was about 19 mo old and 6 mo pregnant with Owen. Tony called and said "we are under attack" I was confused so I turned on the T.V. and spent the rest of the day there.
It hit me more on the 1st anniversary when they showed repalys and talked about it and such.
I know this is off the subject, but are you from Richfield? I have family that live there.
I love No Doubt...and Paramore. Totally rawking. I was at work on 9.11.01 I remember that day clearly. I worked for the church, and they let us go home early and be with our families. I sat in front of the tv all night and bawled and couldn't sleep at all that night.
Post a Comment