Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wife's Day Weekend!

Yes, around here we have Wife's Day. No sense wasting a perfectly good holiday just because we don't have kids, right? We totally take advantage of the gift giving holiday! And, we do love our moms!
This is my mom on the Mexican Riviera Cruise that we took in February.
Dustyn's mom with her 20th grandchild (December 08)

We really have some great support systems that help us get through the tough times. It's great to have mom's. Happy Mother's Day!

For Wife's Day, Dustyn went to Goldsmith Jewelry and bought me a Pandora bracelet.  It did help that the fab Leisha gave away a gift certificate! (he would have bought me one anyways, but that just made it a bit easier to start! Thanks Leisha!)
(p.s. if you haven't seen the pandora bracelets, they are charms that you collect - they are super cute when you have a full charm bracelet! Here is an example:)
Dustyn also took some really nice pictures of flowers and had them printed for me. Now we just need to frame them and hang them, then I will post a picture.

He really is the best husband ever.

We went to Piute over the weekend and went camping. It was great as usual. Of course we went camping, since it was my choice on what to do for the weekend!
I think I took 5 pictures the whole trip...
Nope... SIX!
I have no idea what is up with the blue picture. It's lovely.
I was trying to get a picture of Dustyn painting.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

love all the pictures and i LOVE your new bracelet!! I am glad you had a GREAT "wife's day"

Liz said...

I love that bracelet!! I really do miss camping. I grew up in Wyoming and we camped all the time. Down here there really isn't any place to camp and if we did find a place, 120 degrees is waaay to hot for camping if you ask me!

Don't worry, I forgive you for not liking the Princess Bride. It's not for everyone...

To tell you a secret, I never liked the movie As Good as it Gets and people think that's un-American!! Can you believe that?

brandon and jakell said...

Looks like fun!

Love the bracelet, so cute!
I am surprised you can wear that bracelet, it doesn't bother you like most metals??? just curious...

The kids are sooooooooooo excited you are coming tomorrow it means so much to CamRee, seriously. Best aunt & Uncle ever to drive that far for one night! I have heard it will be so worth it and we will all be shocked with how good it is!

Ron just called and said Dad said that you are bringing the van? Did you get my message or talk to dad??? j/c cause I haven't heard back from you. Thanks

see you tomorrow!!!!

Emily Christine said...

I LOVE your new braclet and camping enough said!

Mostly Jessica said...

That's cool you won that bracelet! Congrats :)

The Barclay Family said...

What a pretty bracelet! How fun. We totally have to go camping/fishing together sometime this summer!!

dust and kam said...

Arianne: Thanks! :)

Liz: Oh good! I am glad we can be friends! Even though I am not a Princess Bride fan! :) Yah... that is a little hot to be camping! Eeek...
You don't like As good as it get?!?! Kidding. I think it's average!

JaKell: It's real sterling silver. That means I can wear it. I just can't wear cheap metals. I just never buy real stuff. :P
Yes, dad called me and we are bringing your van.

Emily: You like camping?!?! Score!

Ron and Jessica: Thanks! I love it. Hopefully I won't go broke adding to it. That is the tricky part.

Melissa: YES, we do need to go camping! We need to do a lot of things that we never do! We should really do the camping thing though! :D

Heather said...

I kinda love the bracelet with just the two beads on it lol.

20 grandchildren, that's quite an achievement!

I'm thinking we should really adopt that wife holiday thing over here lol

Lovely Lisa said...

I'm so going to start calling it Wife's Day. Sounds like you handled the day much better than I did. Good for you!

Unknown said...

Loved the charms! =) Good job Dustyn!

Chelle said...

Your Dustin is so sweet! First of all, love the bracelet. Second, I LOVE the fact that you celebrate "Wife's Day." Up until this year, I never got anything for that day because we didn't have kids and it broke my heart. I am so glad that the holiday isn't wasted for you. Dustin deserves a BIG hug and kiss for that.

Happy belated Wife's Day!

mandamike said...

Wifes day, what a great way to put it :) Wish I would of thought of that 10 years ago :) :)

I love your blog, you guys are so creative. I just realized that I didn't have you on my blog list, I just added you. (us wives of artists need to stick together) :)

Aubrey said...

First question:
Why did I take so long to comment on this post? Okay I guess only I can answer that. Sorry for my slackerness.

I love the photos! Seems like you guys had a great time. Happy Wifes day (late, but whatev). I'm loving the bracelet!