Thursday, January 19, 2012

jan 19

I wanted to be twinners with Lyndee. Now I am!
photo
She inspired me to make my own laundry soap and dishwasher detergent.
I don't think I will EVER have to buy soap again! SO MUCH SOAP!
It cost me around $30. Not bad. Not bad at all. (Not including the jars)
It takes 2Tbsp of laundry detergent per load and 1Tbsp of dishwashing detergent per load.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the jars. What does your soap smell like? Tide?

Heather said...

You may get through the laundry powder, but you are gonna be using that dishwash detergent until the cows come home lol.

I had a look at the recipe but we cant get half that stuff so I wont be trying that recipe out. Plus Ry has really sensitive skin so I have to be a bit fussy with what I use.

How did the clothes turn out?

Lyndee W. said...

Yay! I'm proud of you! Did you use the Fels-Naptha? Doesn't it smell divine!?

Unknown said...

Awesome. I wanna,try this

hope2adoptbaby said...

Impressive! Bosten is so stinking sensitive to stuff that we're sticking with what I know is ok...otherwise I'd be asking you how to do it! :)

dust and kam said...

Heather - What do you use for Ryan? Gage has sensitive skin. I am hoping this will be okay for him. I figure since it doesn't have a lot of added stuff, it should be okay.

Laundry day is Monday! I will try it for a few weeks and let you know. :)

Lyndee! I did use the Fels-Naptha. I think it smells so good. Kind of like turpentine. :) We looove the smell of turpentine around here, so it works for us! ha ha. That was kind of the selling point for me. I went to Walmart just to smell it before I decided.

Shelb - What do you use for Bosten? I would totally stick to what works too!

.. said...

Is there a way to get it to smell like cheer laundry soap??? I want to make my own but I love the smell of cheer. You will have to post how you made it!!