Now, I just need to go get a summer job! I will still be baby-sitting twice a week, but I need to find something else. I would love to go be up at camp with Dustyn and work as Kitchen staff, but it is so hard to make major decisions when you are adopting! One reason I decided to be a substitute teacher is because it is flexible and I can take time off whenever I want or need to. That would work really well if anything ever came up. But if we were both at camp for the entire month, we'd have to put our adoption on hold until after and that isn't something I want to do. (Once we make the commitment, we can't back out or come home early.) But I don't want to put my life on hold until we adopt either. I mean it could be years. It could be months. It could be days. You never really know.
That is the dilemma we are always trying to figure out. Dustyn was really nervous to commit to camp - but we figured it would all work out. The worst scenario is that he only gets to see the baby on the weekends for a month (or on placement day if it were ever to happen in June). Something we'd just have to deal with. I know, I know. I am worrying too much! It's just so hard to make decisions when you have no idea what your life will be like in the next month. :) But that isn't necessary a bad thing either! :)
4 comments:
I feel your pain, but that's just part of the adoption journey I guess. As I always told everyone, we make plans and move forward with our lives as we are today, childless. But always with a knowledge that things could change at any moment and we'd just have to adapt and figure it out as we go along.
(Travis actually works out of town during the week and is only home on the weekends. So since the beginning we've known that we'd have to make some adjustments once we got a baby. Still the opportunity was too big to pass up for a "maybe" or a "what if.")
You'll figure it out. And somehow I'm sure the Lord will arrange everything. Good luck with that though.
You guys just go on with life until the big day happens, which it will, and then you can make the needed adjustments. You have tons of support everywhere that will make your transition easier when the time comes. Don't sacrifice anything that may make your life better. Sacrifice will come soon enough so use your time wisely and all will be fine!
Take it from me that you can not put your life on hold while waiting or you will go crazy!!! I also know how hard it is to not do that. Things happen when they are supposed to, and who are we to argue. I have seen both ends where you know the forseeable end and have to wait for it, and the other end where you get the phone call that there is a baby waiting for you and you have an hour to get to the hospital. It all works it self out.
I am here for you if you need to talk. You guys are great and will make great parents when the time comes, and it will!
Also, I wanted to say good for you guys for wanting to get in shape, it is an uphill battle (no pun intended), but worth it.
Ok Kamie when you find out what the secrest is to loosing wight let me know because i have 30 pounds to go too. And we will continue to pray for you guys and the whole adoption process, it will happen:)
Post a Comment