Our weekend was awesome! We had our family reunion up at Gooseberry (the one up Salina Canyon). Some of you may have even gone on field trip there when you were in 3rd grade! Of course, I never had the opportunity, but I hear it's lots of fun! I did finally hear the legend of Annie Bangs. :)
We stayed in cabins and there was plenty of room for our entire family! It was so much fun! Sadly, I never even picked up my camera. Dustyn did take a few pictures, but I haven't taken the chance to download them (it takes for-e-ver on his laptop). So I will get them soon!
We had a lot of fun activities. Washoo Tournaments, Arts and Crafts, Story Telling, Talent Shows, and much more. I will do a more detailed post about it later when I have pictures. Hopefully it will turn into a fun family tradition!
____________________________
I miss my laptop. Dustyn's just isn't the same. :( Hopefully I get it back this week (so I can get those pictures).
Well - I am off to play a game with Dustyn. I will catch up later. I hope! :)
Have a fabulous week ya'll.
7 comments:
Sounds fun! Goosberry was really fun in 3rd grade-not so much the Annie Bangs thing though! Scarry for a 3rd grader!! Which side of the family was it?
Yeah, the whole Annie Bangs thing was . . . not to scary. Maybe just the anticipation of it was a little. I want to see it at a third grade camp. :) Maybe then I will change my mind.
It was the Dotson side. Uncle Matt told the Annie Bangs story! :) Fun times for sure!
I'm pretty sure I didnt go there in grade three lol. Partularly as it isnt called 'grades' lol. NZ had the system of:
New entrants (starting on your 5th birthday until the end of the year so never counts as a full year of J1 unless you were born in Jan or Feb)
J1
J2
Primmer 1, 2 3, 4
Intermediate (two years)form 1, form 2
College: Forms 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
However since I left school they just count years 1-13.
I'm sure you totally didnt care about that but anyway lol...
The reunion sounds awesome! I'm always jealous of all the things you guys do as a family. It could just be how much I miss all of mine lol.
Glad that you had fun up there. Who's side of the family was the reunion for. We havne't had one for my parents side of the family for a long time and MY parents havne't had the kids all together for a very long time LOL.
Jenni
Sounds like fun. I used to go up there quite a bit. I don't think I ever heard the Annie Bangs story. Maybe I just forgot it I hate scary stories.
Actually, I'm glad you didn't pick up the camera! I've been thinking lately that I spend way too much time behind the camera. I'm missing out on enjoying life! I think I'm going to make a goal to not take a single picture this weekend while we are in Richfield. Ok, maybe it won't work, but I'm going to try to cut back slowly!
Gooseberry was good times!! Annie Bangs made me laugh once I figured out it was the principal (Mr. Utley) under there. :)
Post a Comment