Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sad day.

My Chi died. :(
Luckily they are a LOT cheaper now then they were when I got mine 6 years ago.
I miss it already.

(Does anyone know a really good straightener that I could buy at Wal-Mart? Which one is the best for stubborn FRIZZY hair?)

But on a happier note...

Question 4: Do you always wear a seatbelt?

Answer: Yes. Sometimes I try to be stubborn and drive the short 3 or 4 block trip... but in the end I usually end up putting it on no matter what, just so I can stop thinking about it and freaking out about it.

17 comments:

Heidi said...

That stinks that your chi died. I am glad that you always drive with your seat belt on! Next time you come to Vegas, give me a call!

Shell said...

I had to look to see what a CHI was. Sorry it died.

Yes I always wear my seat belt too. My kids do to and if I ever forget to buckel one of them they freak out "MOM I'M NOT BUCKELED" It's good though I am glad it is not a fight.

Cali and Travis said...

As a person with poker straight hair, I'm sorry I can not be of service. (And when I say poker straight, I mean, no curl, no wave, no body. Super fine, stick straight.)

Lovely Lisa said...

I have a Remington "wet 2 straight" straightener. I'm pretty sure they sell them at Wal-Mart. I don't know about the stubborn frizzy hair, but the thing I like about it is that I can use it on wet hair.

I always wear a seatbelt except for the 200-300 feet between the mailbox and my house (I always stop for the mail on my way home).

Unknown said...

I always wear my seat belt. If I make my child...I should probably do it myself. =) Oh, and my new car beeps until you put in on...even the passenger seat too! Really annoying if you don't put it on!!

jmaxey said...

force of habit i always buckle.. my son has to remind me if i forgot to put his buckles on. Plus where i live if i am caught with out a seatbelt it don't look good on my husband.

Heather said...

Yes, I wear it 100% of the time and if I'm driving, I wont move until everyone in my car has theirs on too. Why take the risk!

Cory and Becca said...

I have only owned professional straighteners, however, my sister also had the remington straight-to-wet straightener and I used it once and tried to steal it becuz it was better then some of the professional ones I had used. However, unfortunately, no matter what one you buy, realize that nothing can replace the quality of a chi!

matt&meg said...

I have a revlon Sylix from walmart it was like 30, and ive had it for 4 years. Its ceramic plated, like a chi, and I really like it!

Unknown said...

my mom bought me a chi for christmas! OH I LOVE IT!!! Did you know Sally Beauty now has a generic chi for less??? you should go to their website and check them out! good luck on getting a new straightner!! I cant believe I lived without one now that I have one! I LOVE IT!!

YEAH good girl for wearing your seatbelt. I can say I dont always wear mine. ONLY in the neighborhood though. Long trips YES!!!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

I say, just invest in a new chi! It's worth it!

Claudia said...

I remember first hearing about your Chi whilst working at the Hogster (don't remember if you already had it then, or that you just wanted to get one)...I'd never heard of it way back then, but NOW whenever I see one in a store, I think of you! Sorry it died, and hope you find a suitable replacement!

The Barclay Family said...

So sorry about the Chi! My hair is super straight too, so I can't really understand, but I do love any good name brand hair stuff.

Yes on the seat belt. Always no matter what!!!

Jenny said...

I loved catching up with you! Sorry, but I've seriously sucked at checking blogs the last month or so. I've been too busy! But, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and it looks like you've been having some serious fun.

Shae said...

I've got two straighteners...one is a Revlon that's like 2 inches wide...and it has done me pretty well. My other one is a Conair that is about 3/4" that I currently use(since my hair is shorter now)...I like both of them, and think that they have done well for me, although I don't have "frizzy" hair, just retarded not straight/not curly hair. I got both of them at Wallyworld, though. Good luck on finding a new one!

brandon and jakell said...

I got my new chi off of amazon for like $70.00 you should look... I know this has been a nightmare fo you to have that happen...and it has...hope you are doing okay :)

hope all is well.. see you next week !!!! can't wait!!!!!!!

Ruth said...

Seatbelt: ALL the time. I feel naked without it. :)