Monday, March 16, 2009

Traditions?

What are your St. Patrick's Day traditions?

8 comments:

Heather said...

None, I totally ignore it! Is it today? I have Irish blood in me too, but any holiday that revolves around alcohol isnt for me coz I almost never drink.

dust and kam said...

Yeah, we don't drink either. We usually don't do anything, but I thought it might be fun to start some sort of tradition like corn beef and cabbage for dinner. ;)

Unknown said...

Traditions...wear green, and I did buy that meat that you are suppose to eat with cabbage, but I don't like cabbage...so I just bought the meat. What is that meat called? lol Corn beef or something. Anyway, I sound like a complete idiot right now. I'm stopping!

Lovely Lisa said...

DINNER! Corned beef (we leave it in the crockpot all day), cabbage (cook it up with some butter, salt and pepper and it's fabulous!), potatoes & carrots (we usually boil them, but that's just us), and some sort of green beverage (usually green milk or Kool-Aid). We also have "Irish freckle bread," which is potato bread with raisins.

Oh, and we wear green, of course. The funny thing about all of this is we haven't been able to find a stitch of Irish on either side of the family. :) But it's tradition.

Lyndee W. said...

Corned beef and cabbage? Ewww! We wear green and have a blast pinching those who aren't. I love St. Patrick's Day. Ireland is my favorite and I wish to go there one day. Even though we don't drink...any holiday that celebrates Ireland is fine by me!

Anonymous said...

Avoid avoid avoid anyone who even *thinks* about either

A)asking if I'm wearing green

B)Pinching me if I'm not

or

C)Pinching me regardless of either.

Also, avoid things like green bacon, green eggs and ham and the like. The only thing I want green is the grass and scenery.

Bonus: Ignore my sister so I don't have to hear about how much she drank at the bar tonight.

Shae said...

Just the traditional "wear green", although, since we're all home today, and haven't been anywhere, we really haven't made a big deal about it. When I was in college, my roommates and I had a "St. Patty's Day" crepe party with all green food including lime slush! Yum!! That was fun...prolly the most I've ever celebrated that holiday, besides in elementary school. :)

Lara Zierke said...

Corned beef. It's MY FAVORITE! And then boil your cabbage in the juice from the roast. So GOOD. (I won't eat cabbage any other way.) Red potatoes either boiled with butter, garlic mashed, or roasted with garlic, rosemary, and olive oil. Wear green. Listen to Irish music all day. Watch fun Irish movies like Laws of Attraction or Darby O'Gill and the Little People. This year I am searching for a traditional Irish dessert recipe. Oh, and I do have a good amount of Irish blood in me so I take this VERY SERIOUSLY!!