Tuesday, July 27, 2010

island park - part 3

(or maybe just more pictures of Gage)

Yellowstone

After our trip down the river, Dustyn and I went down to take some photos. Island Park is actually quite beautiful! (not that I was doubting that)

Here is a picture of the cabin from down by the river. Gage was nice enough to wake me up super early (4:30-5:30AM) every morning to make sure that I could watch for the moose that hang around in the area. Sadly, I still never got to see a moose.
IMG_5954

Taking pictures by the river.
IMG_5956

And of course the moon.
Dustyn was playing with one of his large lenses.
IMG_5975


The whole week was beautiful.

At one point during the week, we went to Fishing Bridge.
IMG_5902
IMG_5903
Again, beautiful.

Gage was asleep. We were trying our best to keep him out of the sun all week.
IMG_5859
Therefore getting a lot of pictures of blankets and strollers. At least he arrived home sunburn free. That is the important part.

IMG_5872
IMG_5879

Once Gage did decide to wake up, he was definitely not impressed.
IMG_5882
IMG_5893

On to Yellowstone.
IMG_2715
IMG_2707

We had a good time looking for wildlife and walking all the sites.
We saw lots of elk and buffalo, a few deer, 5 bears, 1 coyote, and 1 llama (seriously. who knows why. I think one of the tour outfitters must have lost it. It was far up on the mountain.)

A few of the buffalo were a little too close for my comfort. The rest of my family are in that van. And yes, they do have the sliding door open. Brave?
IMG_2781

The geysers were spectacular. So full of color.
IMG_6023
IMG_6018

Awake one minute.
IMG_6006

Asleep the next. (Literally moments later.)
IMG_6007

And awake again.
IMG_5994
IMG_5993

We skipped over the mud pots. (we had pregnant people aboard. Okay, so actually we were short on time and the smell was enough to make our decision easy. Sadly, I can almost smell them now.)

We stopped for a picnic. Gage was so happy to lay on the ground and kick for awhile. Yellowstone is a very long day for a car seat. He definitely welcomed the breaks! He knew how to get us out of the car though. (Notice the outfit change)
IMG_2725
IMG_2730
IMG_2751
IMG_2771

We stopped at Fishing Bridge. Couldn't leave without a souvenir, right?
IMG_2775

Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. Beautiful.
IMG_6067
IMG_6072
IMG_6077

My family.
IMG_6084

A few pretty sunsets, just for fun.
IMG_2800
IMG_2807

Can you see why I want to go again?

5 comments:

Shell said...

Looks like tons of fun. Gage is so so so so so so so cute! I am so happy for your family and love seeing all you do together.

Heather said...

I want to go too! Brilliant photos as usual.

You're brave, goign on a big holiday with your entire family, I dont think I could do it no matter how much I love them lol.

Unknown said...

I just wish that Devin liked his car seat to sit in it that much. Lucky.

Everything looks sooo spectacular.

Michelle said...

What a fun trip! You got some great pictures. That picture of the moon is AWESOME!!! And of course I am loving all the cute picturs of Gage. :)

AubreyMo said...

That moon picture is awesome. I especially enjoyed the ones of the hot springs and of course, lil' Gage. That plaid shirt? Cutest! And then I see the moose shirt..and the other cloths. He is one well dressed babe!