This year, because of all the changes, my family decided to stay in Fishlake and camp and then just drive over to Bicknell on Saturday. We got to Fishlake late Friday night. Set up our tent and ate dinner. Of course, it snowed Friday night. But our awesome tent didn't mind.
On Saturday we headed on over to Bicknell. It was good to see everyone and spend time with our relatives that we see once a year. It just wasn't a good day for me. I was incredibly emotional. So my dad offered to take us fishing in the afternoon, so we left. So that was it. I was pretty bummed. Something I look forward to every year and it's over before I even started to enjoy it. I was especially sad since Dustyn and I missed out on it last year. We were in Pennsylvania. I guess there is always next year. But here are some pictures of our Saturday! I took over 700 pictures. I know.
Here is my mom . . .
And my dad . . .
My Grandpa . . .
My Great Aunt making flower arrangements to take around to the Cemeteries. 
Our traditional auction. We use the money to buy plates, napkins, cups, etc for the upcoming year. Smart, huh? :)
Playing outside on the slide! Weee . . .
Chet. He's graduated, you know. And single too!
Dustyn - He's awesome. Of course he is!
On to fishing. After we left the reunion, we drove back to Fishlake and went fishing. We have been trying to catch a Mack. So with our polls out and ready for anything, we trolled and trolled. It was fun! But cold. It would be warm for a moment or two, then it would be snowing. Then the wind would blow, then it would snow. But I still enjoyed ever moment! Of couse, we didn't catch anything. So we went back to the Trailer/Tent and had dinner, and off to bed. Of course, it snowed/rained all night.
On Sunday, Dustyn and I attended church at the Lodge. I love attending Church at the Lodge. If Dustyn didn't have meetings every week, I think we would spend a lot more time there. I mean we go camping nearly every weekend anyways - it would just make it easier than driving home late Saturday night. But the meeting was really good! There were a lot of things that the two speakers were talking about that I could really relate to! I really enjoyed it. But the funny thing that you don't see too often - during the sacrament service there was a bat flying around and swooping down low. I was amazed at how quiet the congregation remained, besides a few giggles here and there. Gotta love the Fishlake Branch!
Sunday we just spent time relaxing and taking a nap, of course. It was a nice relaxing day.
On Monday I was hoping we'd get to go fishing again, but the wind was blowing and it was still snowing off and on. So we packed up and headed home.
My brother. Yep girls, he's single!
My sister JaKell and her husband Brandon.
My brother. Yep girls, he's single!
It was a fun weekend. I had a lot more stories to tell, but I have lost them all. My memory doesn't retain well. :P Oh well. If blogger would let me upload pictures, it would be a lot easier. lol This post has taken me like two hours! :P So I think I am done for now!! Ha ha!
Home sweet home! I love this valley!
11 comments:
Looks like you had a fun weekend! I LOVE going to church at Fishlake, and we never get to go because of Sunday callings. Hopefully we'll go at least once this year. Where do you camp when you camp at Fishlake? We always stay at my Grandma's cabin, but were thinking it would be way fun to take our trailer up there. We'll have to go sometime with you guys!
I hear you with the Sunday Meetings. I think that is the hardest part for me with Dustyn's calling. But I guess it keeps us around! :) Otherwise I would travel a lot more!
When we go to Fishlake - and we don't want to spend $$ then we camp up 7-mile. If we are fine paying the $$ then we LOVE little Macinaw Campground. They have NICE showers! Love it! Or just where ever my parents are parked. Ha ha.
Let's go!! Wooohoo!
looks like you had a GREAT weekend!! sorry for the COLD SNOWY weather! that sucks! I hopwe we get to feel the WARM sun soon!! :)
700 pictures?? WOW I don't think I have EVER took that many pictures!! he he
It's crazy that you had such cold weather! Still, reading about it all made me want to go camping so bad. And, fishing, too. It's been way too long since I've been fishing.
I love your photos, too! They capture such great moments!
I love Fishlake. I miss it not living down there anymore. I love fishing there also. Tony doesn't fish or hunt and I miss those things. I love going to chuch at the Lodge also it is fun. We actually don't have Sunday callings now so we go too much. But it is fun.
no kidding I had the same problem posting my fishlake pics to blogger, still didn't get all the main ones I wanted on ...
Cute pics. love them! I might have to steal the one you took of Brandon & I :0) if thats okay!
Such amazingly beautiful photographs. Sounds like a lovely weekend.
I miss it there :(
Hey, isn't that the north side of G-wood? Dang. Now I really am homesick. We've had some really good times at Fishlake, too.
Looks like fun! 700 pictures?.., dang! I use to fish alot, hunt some.. then I realized that I was just fishing to be outdoors and go off road, but didn't really like the fishing. Our kids love it, but anything to do with water, mud, outdoors..they love. Fish lake is a nice place.
Great pictures! We weren't too far from you - we were in Capitol Reef. Too bad we didn't have better weather up there, huh?
Post a Comment