It was good to see Dustyn. I forgot how lonely and boring it gets at home alone. But I survived!
This is Camp Big Springs:
It is so pretty and green up there! I love it.
This is the kitchen tent/dining tent.
Here is a student coming down the zip line.
Here is Dustyn and Bill catching on the zip line.
I really should have got pictures of the skits and camp fire. Dustyn does a couple of skits that are hilarious. One of these years, I so need to get them on video. Such a silly husband I have.
He really enjoys going to camp. I miss him terribly when he is gone, but luckily they don't mind if I visit! So that is nice!
On Friday we drove back home. We got packed and ready and headed off to Fishlake. It was a fun weekend. Of course I gave Dustyn his Birthday present earlier, since he would be gone on his birthday. So here he is checkin' it out.
We spent all day (seriously all day) fishing in the boat. It was a blast. Love it. We trolled and trolled and trolled and caught . . . nothing.
Dustyn did however catch a couple of fish while we were anchored and fishing with spinners for a moment. Here is one . . .
Whoops. I mean here is one that he caught. (and caught again!)
By brother Jace is always entertaining. Such a goof ball, but we love him. He LOVES posing for my camera. And believe me, I have some awesome pictures of him. ;) Someday, someday I will share. Bwahaha. But seriously he is cool.
And of course, we can't forget my cool dad.
He likes to drive fast, but couldn't with all our fat butts in the boat. :P
We had so much fun camping and spending time with my family for Father's Day and Dustyn and my mom's birthday. My mom stayed at camp and read her book and cooked lots of good food. Chet was there too. He came fishing with us in the afternoon, but I didn't get a picture of him. I totally slacked off with taking pictures this weekend.
My grandparents even came up on Sunday and attended church at the Fishlake Branch and had dinner with us. I was sad to come home. But I know there will be more time for camping this summer! Yay! It was a beautiful WARM weekend! (Right now I am wishing I was up at Fishlake in the COOL air instead of sweating in my warm house.)
11 comments:
Is that the real sky colour? Surely you enhanced it, it's spectacular!!!
Whenever I read your camping entries it reminds me of my childhood. It's an era that is over for me since I moved to Australia so I'll be living vicariously through your entries of camping and fishing lol.
And I forgot to mention...we call a zip line a 'flying fox' but dont ask me the origin of that term!
I love it! Love camping! Looks like you had a good time too! Good deal!
That looks way fun! Totally reminds me of Bear Lake! My husband has a cabin there, and my mom was raised there, so we've been going there for years! Love it! I love fishing :)
looks like fun! the kids loved the photos...expecailly the one with the fish slipping out of Dustyn's hands!
Wish we could have made it down for father's day too...maybe next time.
Are you guys going camping with us this weekend when we come down? Not sure where mom and dad are taking us, but we are excited. The kids can't wait to go on the boat again! Anywho hope all is going well. Sure you will be glad when Dustyn is home too.
Are you still babysitting the twins?
Have fun and we will see ya Friday!
Awesome! That looks fun! Que and I are going to head to Bear Lake and the Book Cliffs this summer!
I wish I could go camping!!! It's been a couple of years, and I miss it so much! Thats's cool that you and Dustyn get to do it so often!
how did I miss all these posts? you have been a busy lady, or just REALLY bored babysitting this week!! lol.
Looks like you had a FUN weekend last weekend. I hope you go do something just as fun this weekend!!
Heather - I edited a few of the photos slightly (pushed the contrast) but for the most part, that was the color of the sky. Beautiful, huh? You guys should go camping in Australia!! :) A 'flying fox'? Hmm... cool! I have yet to try the zip line, I am a wimp.
Yes Mits, camping rawks! We so need to plan a trip!
Meg - I have never been to Bear Lake - oh wait! I think I have been there once! On the way home from Yellowstone maybe. If I remember right, it was beautiful! Matt has a cabin there? That is awesome! Fishing rawks too! Love it.
Kell - yes, Dustyn struggles with those slimy things, but we had fun! I am sad we don't get to go camping with you this weekend. We are babysitting and Dustyn has meetings on Sunday. Then leaves again Monday morning at 5:30-ish. And I babysit on Monday. Long story short - we aren't going to make it up there, unless we come up Sunday afternoon for dinner! That sounds like a good plan. I miss the kids! Oh yeah - and I am still babysitting the Twins! :)
Brittany - That sounds fun! My brother LOVES the book cliffs. Ha ha. Just teasing. He lived out there (in his truck) for 3 month a few years ago.
Claudia - is Adam a camper? You guys should pack up and go!! :)
Arianne - Where have you been? You know I write these posts for you! :)
so Kamie that top picture on this post with the diesel trucks.. the bright red that is far off is my dad and the other one is our friend's Jared Caruso's.. ha ha.. I verified it.. with Brock. Only in Utah can you travel somewhere and see people from where you live.. But anyways.. Looks like lots of fun!
libby, that is too funny! If I had only known! I could have waved! That is funny you even noticed that! :)
Post a Comment