When I swim, I barely move. (okay, so really, I can't swim)
But that isn't what my post is about. Just something I am amazed at.
So yesterday while Dustyn was in meetings for school, I went over to his classroom and set up his 20 new iMacs. What a lot of work! You wouldn't think it would be that tiring, but it took me about 2 hours to unpack all of them, pull all the sticky protective stuff off and set them up. Then it took me another 5 or 6 hours to run all the updates and set up student accounts. What a day. But it was kinda fun! I like getting ready for school. I am pretty sure Dustyn doesn't get as excited as I do about it! :)
And then, the best part of the day, one of my BFFs, Carrie and her husband Rodney, stopped and had dinner with us at Steve's Steakhouse. MY favorite restaurant! Love it. It was so fun (and always is) to talk and catch up. (Of course, the food was great too) I love that they are some of our adoption peeps. I am so glad we became friends all those years ago. Let's see . . . it's been 11 years this month. Crazy!
Another exciting thing that is coming up for us is that we are going to Disney Land with them at the end of October. I am so excited!
Oh yeah and don't forget, if you know anyone considering adoption, they are an amazing couple. Feel free to pass along their information.
10 comments:
It's crazy about the speed they're swimming, eh? Especially this Olympics - records are dropping like flies. Part of that is the new Speedo suit and part of it is just improvement overall on the swimmers part....did you know Michael Phelps is apparently eating 12,000 calories a day? Geesh!
I agree they swim fast. I love to swim but I am slow.
My kids have been in school for a week. I was so excited for them to go back they need the stimulation so they don't drive me nuts.
I hope we get an offer on our house soon so we can move the boys to their new school. It starts on the 25th.
Its the middle of the school year here lol. It pretty much follows a calendar year since summer is Dec, Jan, Feb.
I read an interview with Stephanie Rice (Aussie swimmer) and she was saying you pretty quickly get over any body issues coz of those swimming suits that hug everything...and that as a teen her friends were all starving themselves and she had to scoff her face in order to get enough energy lol. That'd def put an end to any eating disorder.
Which disney land are you going to? I've been to L.A. and Hong Kong so I've still got Florida, Tokyo and Paris (are there more?) to go.
Disneyland!!!!! What!!! I'm so jealous! I love Disney!!!!!!!
We are planning our next trip...too bad it won't be for a year. tear. =(
Disneyland!!!!! What!!! I'm so jealous! I love Disney!!!!!!!
We are planning our next trip...too bad it won't be for a year. tear. =(
That is fun you are going to D-Land with them. I called Carrie yesterday to tell her that one of our friends (Kristen York) Well, her husband died this week.. so if you see her can you PLEASE giver her that message for me! The viewing was today. Tell her I left her a message on her home phone. I don't have her cell phone. You can email me her cell # if you have it. my address is heidifrehner@hotmail.com...
thanks Kamie!
i want to go to disneyland with you! take me take me!:) Are you going just the two of you?? I LOVE disneyland.
I was watching swimming last night and WOW they are SOO FAST! I have never been a great swimmer so I envy them. I hang out with some friends last night that both of them were on the swim team and I SO wish I could swim ONE LAP!! :)
Good luck to your friends in their adoption process. I will add them to my blog. It is always fun to have friends for SO many years and to share many many memories together. It is great you get to enjoy the adoption journey together.
oh ya and YEAh for helping Dustyn get ready for school. I am sure he LOVES you being there and being able to help him get ready for the new year. You are a GOOD wife!!
Hey Kamie, just wondering when you are planning on going to Disneyland. Our family is around 16-20 ish some where in there. It would be great to see you. Let me know when you are going!
Sorry that would be Oct. 16-20 ish.
AMEN SISTA...I just Don't understand. I couldn't swim to save my life...and that is the truth.
Post a Comment