Thursday, November 6, 2008

Enduring

"Enduring to the end, or remaining faithful to the laws and ordinances of
the gospel of Jesus Christ throughout our life, is a fundamental
requirement for salvation in the kingdom of God...Therefore, enduring to
the end is not just a matter of passively tolerating life’s difficult
circumstances or “hanging in there.” Ours is an active religion, helping
God’s children along the strait and narrow path to develop their full
potential during this life and return to Him one day...Enduring to the end
is a process filling every minute of our life, every hour, every day, from
sunrise to sunrise. It is accomplished through personal discipline
following the commandments of God."

-- Dieter F. Uchtdorf,"Have We Not Reason to Rejoice?"

I needed to remember this.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks - I love that quote! I needed the reminder, too.

JaKell and Brandon said...

I can not even begin to understand what you guys are going through, I just know that I pray daily that you will soon have a sweet spirit come join your family, and that you may be comforted though all these trials and hard times.

As I sat in the temple this morning my thoughts and prayers were with you and Dustyn and Grandpa Teeples. I felt happy and comforted about all that was going on, your names are in the temple and I know that there are many prayers on your behalf. I know its got to be hard and that I can't understand fully what you are going through. I just thank heavenly father for my little ones and it reminds me daily how thankful I am to have them. I am sorry you feel like starting over. Its got to be harder than we can ever imagine. But I know each morning, noon and night when your nieces and nephew say their prayers to heavenly father to bring you a baby that they are more sincere they we can ever imagine and he hears their prayers. No they don't understand why they have not been answered yet, nor do any of us. But they know they will be answered and they continue to pray for their new baby cousin and for Grandpa Teeples to get better without questioning why its not happening right now. We love you so much and wish we could ease you pain. Please let us know if there is ever ANYTHING we can do for you. Take care

Mostly Jessica said...

You two are ready to be parents and it's just not fair that you aren't yet. We feel exactly the same way. Adoption is so frustrating sometimes. In January we had put together our nusery too. After a year of waiting for a baby to come to us we figured we might as well get a room ready just in case. Then seven more months passed and we had received multiple contacts, but no success. I'd had enough and I made Ron take the crib and car seat back to the store in the middle of the night! He tried to talk me out of it, but I was determined to get it out of my sight. I was ticked! Then a few months later, after praying and praying about which other adoption agency to apply at...we finally sent our application to Guardian Angel in South Jordan. Less than two weeks after that we were matched with a birthmother in Utah. It blows my mind how easy it was after all the heartache and waiting we have been thru. If you want to email me about the agency I'd be happy to tell you more -they are always looking for more families. Love, Jessica

Jenny said...

Hey - I wanted to leave you a post on the "White Wall" post you just did but it wouldn't let me.

If you want to paint the walls white and start all over - DO IT. If you want to punch holes in the walls - DO IT. If you want to rip everything to shreds - DO IT! It's important that you do whatever you have to do to heal your heart and to get excited again. Life can be hard. It can hurt. You just do whatever you need to do - whatever helps at the moment.

We love you and are thinking of you!

Unknown said...

thank you for sharing your thoughts! you are so strong.

the splendid life of us... said...

Kamie, I am always praying for you two to find your little angel! And your post about wanting to paint the walls and start all over makes total sence. I think it would be very theraputic, to get ready all over again from scratch! I love you Kamie (even though I don't know you in person, and I feel like I do). You have alot of love and prayers coming your way!