Friday, April 8, 2011

What-I-would-have-said-on-Facebook Friday.

  • So, steam mops. I hear they rawk. Tell me more. I am thinking about doing my own mother's day shopping and I need some ideas on what I am looking for. BEFORE I go crazy. I just can't handle the dirty floors. (4/1 1:51PM)
  • I love the door open in the spring! I put up the baby gate so that Gage doesn't ruin my screen. It's awesome. Gage on the other hand, will not tolerate it. Everytime he sees the door open, he quickly crawls over and shuts it. (4/1 1:56PM)
  • Day three down. We almost didn't make it. (4/1 9:12PM)
  • I have had a lot of "facebook worthy" thoughts this week. I have not been good at writing them down. Oh well. 
  • Facebook
    • There are two things I miss about facebook. Okay, maybe three.
      • I have no idea what is going on in anyone's lives. For the most part, it's kind of nice. (one of the main reason I quit facebook? When I was finding myself angry or frustrated over something that someone else had posted that had nothing to do with me. That is when I decided it was time to move on) I guess if it's important, it will end up on their blog, I hope. I have no idea when anyones birthdays are, what their email addresses are. I relied too much on facebook to inform me.
      • I can't enter giveaways where you have to "like" the company before you can enter. boo. 
      • Is it bad that I already forgot the last one? I swear I had three in my head.
    • There are a lot of things that I love about it. 
      • I clean more.
      • I cook more.
      • I feel less guilty.
      • I have more patience. 
      • I feel better about myself. (although on studio 5 they made a comment about if you have a bad self image, you just go to your personal facebook profile and look at it. Your best self is portrayed. It makes you feel better)
      • I feel accomplished. 
      • I am more motivated.
      • I feel like I can conquer hard things.
      • I watch movies/TV with Dustyn instead of playing on facebook while he watches them.
    • I realize that most people have healthy facebook obsessions. I just hated that I was checking it multiple times a day. Lame.
  • I wish I could figure out what we wanna do for Easter. I wanna go out of town. My nephew is getting home from his mission and is reporting on Easter Sunday. At least we have something planned! :)
  • Gage will take 2 or 3 steps. We are so close to having a walking toddler.
  • So thankful for Jace and Katie watching Gage last night. Thanks you two! 
  • I need to go through all of Gage's clothes and sort out everything. It's hard that baby clothes sizes and seasons don't mix for the next babe or to hand me down. It's tricky. 
  • It's sad to be going through all the baby stuff and sending it on it's way. It makes me wonder if we will ever have a need for it again. I wish we had an excuse to keep ahold of it all.
  • I need my own sticker chart. That might be happening in the near future. :)
What did I miss on Facebook this week?
Tell me all your news!

6 comments:

Jewls said...

I'm still curious how you 'delete' instead of just 'deactivate' facebook?

I really should join you in the facebook-free life. I did it for a month and it was awesome!

AubreyMo said...

Have you put together a memory chest for Gage? I think they are brilliant - fill it with things that are memorable and special, and then you won't feel so bad giving away the other stuff. (And when that day comes for you that you need that stuff again, I will send you very large packages of babeh clothing because that stuff is addicting to shop for!)

Also my sister in law has a steam mop. She used it when they moved into Kevin's parent's basement. Let me just say, those walls USED to be yellow and now they've been restored...and steam mops are effortless to use and get anything sticky up off the floor. Definitely a good investment.

I MISS YOU! Text me if you get bored. Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

i miss you on facebook! you rawk for canceling it though. I wish I could do it, but I honestly love getting updates from my family. I feel more connected too.

love your facebook fridays though they are fun! :)

The Barclay Family said...

Never even heard of a steam mop. Where would a person get one? Sounds very cool! Kamie, will you email me your phone number? We need to plan a get together soon!

Unknown said...

Someday when I am not updating my facebook status every 10 minutes I am going to blog about going through baby clothes.

Just kidding, I am bad at keeping up with facebook, but I still don't accomplish all that you do.

Okay, back to the baby clothes. Really I want to blog about going through the clothes, but it is so emotional!! I can't bring myself to let the clothes move on where they can be used. They are neatly folded into boxes. My plan is to make a patchwork quilt with them someday, well really three, one for me, and for Charlee and one for her birth mom. I just need my sewing skills to be better. This will be my summer project . . . so I will post about it.

Take Care!!

Jenn said...

I'm reading and found why you stopped FB. Very interesting. I put a little question over I'm your question box but I dunno how I see what yor answer is!
I like your Friday posts. I am logging on via iPhone. Realizing I miss you on FB but glad I cam read your awesome blog.