Saturday, May 31, 2008

In case you missed it . . .

Our little town made the news!
I just had to share, even though it's a little silly. But how often do we make the news? ;)  Sadly we were just on our way to Wal-Mart.  We were detoured to Albertson's.

Suspicious packages force closure of Wal-Mart in Richfield
May 31st, 2008 @ 10:00pm
(KSL News) Several suspicious packages forced a Wal-Mart in Richfield to close.


An employee received a telephone call stating there was an explosive set to detonate in the store or on the premises.

Police evacuated the store and the Utah County Bomb Squad brought out bomb-sniffing dogs.

Once explosive experts determined the three items were not dangerous, the area was reopened to the public.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Corr that's a bit of excitement! Just as well you werent there at the time.

Mitsy said...

heard about it...wow. So wierd to hear about the home town on the news. hehe.

Unknown said...

when I saw that on the news I totally thought of you!!

Michelle said...

Did you read the comments on that link? Funny. haha

Lovely Lisa said...

I saw that! And I laughed a little. :)

sarah said...

new blog addy - www.oursimplicity.blogspot.com

:)

Shell said...

Thanks for sharing. When we lived in Salina the closest Walmart was in Provo. I guess the small towns are getting bigger.

Jenny said...

Ha ha - wow! I'm surprised we didn't hear about that! GO RICHFIELD!