Today was Dustyn's Grandpa's Funeral. It was a really good service. It was fun to hang out and talk to so many relatives that I don't know very well. I mean Dustyn and I have been together almost 5 years, but most of them live out of state. It was a really nice day. Grandpa Freeman really was an amazing man. I am sad I never really got to know him.
At the beginning of the funeral, they were reading the obituary. Something caught me completely off guard. Dustyn's sweet mom included our Hannah. As they were reading her name, I stopped and thought, are they talking about my Hannah? At that point, I lost it. I had a complete meltdown. It has been a long time since I have done that. I was sobbing. (At least I was at a Funeral so I didn't look so crazy - although it started during the opening song and I was on the front row!) I talk about her all the time, but there was something about someone else saying her name out loud that completely caught me off guard and brought back so many emotions. (And it meant so much to me that she was included) But I wasn't sad. I was so happy. Happy that I know I will be with her again. Happy to be her Mother. I was a complete wreck the entire funeral. I am sure the people around me were a little confused, because Grandpa Freeman's funeral really was a happy one and a time to celebrate his 94 years of life. I have only known him 5 of those years (almost). But I sat sobbing - the entire time.
It felt good to feel her again. It has been something I have missed (not the sobbing in public). I love knowing that I can still feel her, even though it isn't as constant as it use to be. I know she is there. She will always be my baby.
Grandpa Freeman, we love you! Thanks for the legacy you left us. What an amazing man you are.
Eson Milton Freeman
Eson Milton Freeman passed away on Saturday, August 16, 2008 at his daughter's home. He was born in Yucon, Idaho on March 28, 1914 to Milton John and Lydia Stewart Adams Freeman. He was called to serve an LDS mission from 1936-1938 in Canada. He married his sweetheart, Maurine Dustin in the Salt Lake Temple on March 8, 1940. They had six children.
Milton farmed in Osgood, Idaho until finding a position as a laborer in the AEC Plant when it opened in Arco. He studied and achieved his Journeyman Electrician's license. He volunteered as a civilian electrician in Vietnam from 1966-1968. He worked in construction until his retirement in 1976. He worked on small motors for Kirby vacuums plus being a door-to-door salesman.
He held many positions in the church, including Bishop, YM President, a teacher of many organizations and a fireside favorite! He and his wife served two missions: Hartford, CT in 1986 and Fiji Islands in 1988.
Milton's mind was sharp right to the end and he never lost his sense of humor. He is survived by two daughters and two sons: Myrna Allen, Marva Ward, David Milton (Nancy) Freeman and Dallas Dustin (Penny) Freeman; two sisters: Lavela Petersen and Nada Meikle; 22 grandchildren and 40 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents; daughter, Millene (Stan) Murphy and son, Daniel Morley Freeman; granddaughters Lynea Allen and Dilene Murphy; great-granddaughter Hannah Allen; and five siblings.
Funeral services will be held on Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. in the Genola LDS Chapel, Main & Center, Genola, Utah. Friends may call from 9:30-10:45 a.m. prior to the services at the chapel. Interment will be in the Provo City Cemetery, 610 S. State, Provo. Condolences may be sent to info@bergmortuary.com.
7 comments:
what a great post. as sad as death is, it is GOOD to know what we know and that we WILL be with our families for an eternity!
How sweet that they included your sweet little Hannah. I KNOW she is now able to play and run around with her grandpa.
Love you kam!!
Aww I can totally see how that would be emotional for you. I think you handle talking about her really well, I'm sure no one would mind the crying even if they did know why.
Incidentally (and slightly creepily), he died on the same day of the year as my mother did though she was 11 years ago...and his funeral was exactly the same date as my mum's too.
I'm glad that they included Hannah. Believe it or not I have caught myself wondering what she would (does) look like. And what her personality is. I'm sure she is amazing! You guys are so great. I'm so glad that we know our families can be together forever. And that you guys were married for time and for all eternity. Love you both!
Way to make me cry! :) That is awesome. You have some awesome in-laws.
Isn't it weird how that happens? I remember when Carrie died I thought I'd never get over the feeling of being without her. Now almost a year and a half later, I have a hard time feeling her (I like how you said that. It's a hard thing to describe). Then something will happen I get a hint of her again. Strange as it sounds, the pain makes her loss more real. Thanks for the post.
That is so sweet of them to mention her. I'm sorry you had to have the experience of losing her, but your attitude is inspiring.
Ok, so I don't know how I missed this post before, but somehow I did. It was beautiful. Thanks for sharing. It definitely is something special to hear others speak of your child, especially to say their name. I'm glad you were able to feel closer to Hannah, if even just for a few moments.
Post a Comment