


This weekend I ate sooo much sugar. My tongue still feels funny. On Friday we went to Provo and ate at Zupas. I love that place. It is soooo good. But I had the strawberry spinich salad with a vinegarette dressing(which started the sugar fest). Then we went to Leatherbys. Dustyn and I shared Gretchen's Golden Nugget! MY FAVORITE! MORE SUGAR!!! YUM!! On Saturday we went shopping. We went to Deseret Book to get a YW help book for Personal Progress (BTW I am the Personal Progress Leader in my Ward and I could use any help I could get if anyone has ideas. I don't know how to encourage the girls with the new Personal Progress program). They had a little thing of butter mints (I CAN'T RESIST THEM) by the counter. They were made by the Lion House Pantry... even better, so we bought them. They were the best mints I have ever had! YUMMY! Since they were so good I just kept eating them. Bad bad. Oh well.
We also went to the International Sportsman Expo at the South Towne Expo Center. It was a lot of fun and we saw a lot of cool things. I probably ate more sugar, but I can't remember.
We saw this cool Ford GT. I was taking a picture of Dustyn when this guy offered to take one of both of us... Hello? Apparently he doesn't know how.... just kidding. But it's a bad picture huh? Would have been nice if he would have been holding still!
We also saw some Hummers and H2 and H3s. The are pretty cool. And some cool Jeeps! Fun stuff!
After the Expo we went to Mimi's Cafe to eat with my parents. I had another salad with another Vinegarette dressing just to finish off with some Sugar. But it was really really good!
4 comments:
Mmm...you are making me hungry. You guys have so much fun. I am jealous!
I just gotta tell ya, the internet is a fabulous tool when it comes to ideas for activities and such. I found oodles when I was primary activity leader and I use it now for my singing time activities. I just now googled lds personal progress ideas and several things popped up. Did you say they are starting a new program? Maybe the requirements have changed, I don't know. Still...I love google!
i have searched a LOT on the internet and I just can't find activities that I can do in an hour or two and pass off a value. I can find lots of ideas, just not quite what I am looking for. And I am not creative enough to figure something out on my own. Yah, they have changed the PP Program... probably a few years ago. It's different from when we were in YW.
I used one activity I found on the internet, thinking it would pass off something.. well when it was over I was trying to figure out what it would pass off and well... nothing so far.
But I do love google as well. I just need to keep looking.
I signed up for this Yahoo group that I thought would be interesting and it had a lot of good YW Ideas... well after I got 75-100 emails a day, that was enough for me. And I didn't get any great ideas from all those emails.
Oh well! I will figuire it out. I just bought a new help book and hopefully it will help me out. I haven't really looked at it much yet.
when did you get that calling? Are you in the YW as a teacher or just over PP?
Post a Comment