Thursday, March 1, 2007

Ward Party!

Tonight our ward had an adult ward party. It was a lot of fun. It was an "escape the blues, get-a-way cruise". When we first arrived, they had collected pictures of some of the members from our ward from when they were younger. We all went around and guessed to see if we could tell who they were. After that we ate and visited. Then we played a version of the newly wed game. Dustyn and I were forced on the stage to play. There were like 15 couples or so. Going into it I thought, oh we'll do just fine... I mean it's not like we are actually "newlyweds". They first sat the women down and gave us cards with answers on both sides. Then they asked the men a series of questions, such as . . .
does your wife like salty or sweet?
potato or corn chips?
always late or on time?
regular or low fat?
pearly whites or full of fillings?
mess maker or clean up?
flowers or candy?
We would hold up the card to see if they guessed correctly or not.

Then we switched places and they asked the women questions about thier husbands such as . . .
always right or never right?
early riser or snoozer?
meatloaf or prime rib?
help with housework or watch TV?
optomist or pessimist?
master or servant?
she's the smart one or he's the smart one?

There were quite a few more questions, but I can't remember them. It was a lot of fun, but there were a lot of "loaded" questions that made you a little nervous to answer. I think I have forgotten all the really good ones, oh well.

So anyways, they gave a prize to the winners. There was a couple in our ward that got every question correct! WOW!
And then a prize to the loosers.... bet you can't guess who won that prize.... that's right, WE DID! I was so proud of us!
Actually I felt quite stupid... the whole ward looking on like... man they really know each other. But that's alright, we got a prize for loosing! :) It was still a lot of fun though! Although we did tell the ward a lot of secrets! (not really :) )

Guess we need to get to know each other a little more before the next game! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA...that is hilarious. I think it's awesome that you got a prize. If it makes you feel better, as I read through those questions, I didn't know the answer to most of them. I should go find out right now. lol