Friday, January 4, 2008

Ice Fishing!


We are so excited for it to be Ice Fishing Season!! We were thinking about going tomorrow and trying out dad's new gas Ice Auger. But there is a storm rolling in and it is suppose to be a good one! There is a possibility of a few inches in the valleys. Of course it seems like all the snow and rain just kinda skip over our little valley.... so we more than likely won't get much.

You would think that would be a good thing... for the weather to skip over us and to have a mild winter, but at the same time, if we are going to have the below freezing temperatures, we might as well have the snow to go along with the temps! :)

It was nice today, in the lower 50's. But right now the wind is blowing like crazy. I am hoping that our trees and house are still standing in the morning.

Other than that... not much happening around here today.

I am super excited to watch American Idol soon. It is tempting to get our dish hooked up again or get cable so we can watch. How lame am I? But I am thinking we will just end up at Mom and Dad's house on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I hate when I get so consumed into watching a TV show. It seems silly. But I sure enjoy it anyways! As long as it is only one show that I just can't miss.

Well I guess enough of this rambling. I will be back when I actually have something to say. :)

12 comments:

Jenny said...

About the ice fishing, all I can say is BRRRRRR!

About American Idol, all I can say is HECK YEAH! American Idol is the only show that I just HAVE to watch. I love it. Too bad we don't live in the same city or we could have American Idol parties!

dust and kam said...

No Kidding! I think the finale party might end up at your house!! ;)

Marc and Megan said...

Ice fishing looks like so much fun! And, I'm all about AI, too - can't wait!

Ruth said...

I used to be a closet AI fan but no more. Fan of Simon and proud of it!

The Barclay Family said...

Who doesn't love American Idol? If someone says they don't like it, they're either lying, or haven't watched it!

dust and kam said...

Ha ha! Too funny. We just might end up at your house on Tuesdays and Thursdays. :)

Do you guys have a DVR? ;)

The Barclay Family said...

We couldn't live without DVR. Seriously, the boys would die. They have no idea what regular tv is. They get annoyed at my moms that you can't rewind or pause!

Shell said...

HI, Tony (www.myblazeofglory.blogspot.com) Told me to look at this. I love ice fishing also but Tony hates the cold. My brother-in-law is from Glenwood Dave Oldroyd, Dr. Oldroyds son and my good friend from High school lives in Richfield Dana Anderson her husband takes pictures and is a editor for the Reaper.

We also like AI. But we like more then one show we like Amazing Race and Survivor also.

By the way I am from Salina. Did you grow up ion Richfield?

dust and kam said...

Hi Shell,
Thanks for stopping by! It's always nice to meet new people! :)

I think I know Dave Oldroyd, but I am not sure. If he is Dr. Oldroyd's son, then Ryan was my age. So maybe they are brothers! :) And I have heard of Dana Anderson (or really her husband, David). I did grow up here in Richfield. What year did you grad from NSHS? I do know quite a few people over there.

I like Amazing Race too! I haven't watched Survivor yet, but I am betting I would like it.

Thanks for stopping by! :D

Shell said...

Ryan is Daves little brother. I graduated in '94 so I may be too old for you. You guys sound like a lot of fun we like to see your posts on your blog. My sister and her husband (Dave Oldroyd) are trying to adopt two babies from Guatamala right now. It sure has been hard and there are so many hoops to jump through. I think they are getting close to getting them. They are 11 mo and 8 mo old right now.

dust and kam said...

That is exciting! I hope everything continues to go well for them! I have decided that adoption can be quite the trying journey. But a good one!

You aren't too old! Dustyn graduated in '94. So you guys are probably close to the same age! :) I am just a little younger... '97.

You guys look like you have a lot of fun too! I can't say I have ever ridden a motorcycle! :)

Shell said...

Yea adoption is hard but worth it. They have 5 kids now so with the two babies they will have 7. (I can add) They have the best kids and are such great people I know they will make the little boys lives better. Tony and I had been married for 4 years when we had our first. He graduated in 90 so he is really old :)

I hated motorcycles ever since I was about 6 and jumped one and landed on my head and took a big chunk out of the helmet. But when Tony got one I rode it and decided they were actually fun. Now I want one of my own.