
on his ankle, so Chet and Ron pulled him across the lake. Nice!
It was a COLD day. Luckily we had our Ice Fishing Tents. This is the part that makes Ice Fishing fun! We turn on the little heater and get nice and toasty and then just sit back and relax.
The fishing was slow. I caught 2, Dustyn caught 2, Dad caught 2 and Chet caught 1. (if I remember correctly). They were all perch. It was a lot of fun. The tent that Dustyn and I were using was the same one that we were using last year. The smells of all the fish we caught and all the bait we used last year sat in there all summer. Lets just say, the smell was less than desirable. Blech. It kinda smelled like the poop pond. :p Yuck.
Of course Dustyn took a nap. I played around with my camera. Not much to photograph in a small Ice Fishing tent, but it was entertaining.
We came home, got warm, and took a nap! That evening we all went to Frontier Village to celebrate Chelle's birthday.
It was fun! The twins are getting so big and are so cute. Dustyn and I get to babysit them next week for over night. I am pretty excited!
After we went to Grandma and Grandpa Dotson's for Hot Fudge Sundays and Banana Splits. They were yummy! :)
Happy Birthday Chelle!
6 comments:
I loved going ice fishing at Fishlake. The water is so clear when you are in your tent you can see down forever and watch the fish swim around and bite your lure. It was fun. I also liked when the ice pops and shifts it was cool. One time we were riding our fourwheeler across the lake and the front wheels broke throught the ice it was a little scary.
I have heard that about Ice Fishing at Fishlake, but I have never made it up there. I would love to though! I love the clear ice and the snaps and pops. :) We will have to go next weekend.
That would be super scary!! It amazes me when people drive their trucks on the ice. I would be too big of a chicken to do that!!
Burr! Ice fishing! I can't stand the cold since I got married to a man who thrives in tropical temps. Our house is always 73-74 degrees in the winter. Were your toes frozen the whole time?
Hope you had some yummy fish eating afterward. :)
You didn't mention that I "crutched" it all the way back across the lake to the truck....
We need to go up to Fishlake...This weekend will work if you want to go...
Dad asked if I wanted to go fishing with you guys. I will keep my toes at home in our warm house. The thought of my feet on the Ice makes the nerves go crazy. I'am so glad you guys have a great time with out me. I like watching a good Netflix and knowing I have the whole day to do nothing. My house work awaits, for a few more hours. And....My feet are toasty!! Have fun!! Ya, and the smell ... Maybe take some fabrees the next time and spay a nice flowered scent all over.LOL
That looks like so much fun! But, can you say "BBBRRRrrrrrr!" I am such a wimp in the cold!
Post a Comment