Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Today. . .

I subbed a 1st grade class.  I am exhausted.  Tomorrow is 2nd grade.  I don't know if I should be excited or not.  Ha ha.  Just kidding!  I am!  I know it will be fun . . . and exhausting.  

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck! Just be thankful they are not Jr high Kids. For me they are the hardest!

dust and kam said...

Jr. High is . . . interesting . . . but 1st - 3rd are the hardest for me. I have no idea why! But they are also a lot of fun! They kids are fun to interact with! Just a lot of work at a fast pace. (Okay, really the major reason is because I don't know how to do phonics. Ha ha!)

Ruth said...

Kudos to you. I don't know how I would handle being in a new class and starting over every day.

Katelyn said...

1st and 2nd grade were my favorites to sub for. Phonics! I hate that!! I can never figure out what is going on. That was always the worst part for me too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

Shell said...

Wow! I could never do that. I don't have the patience or the english skills. I think that would be a hard job.

Anonymous said...

Makes me tired just thinking about a room full of 2nd graders. Sheesh!

Lovely Lisa said...

I haaaaated subbing for elementary school! They are really cute and fun, but I couldn't stand all the tattling and I was always paranoid that somebody was gonna throw up. And I always came home completely exhausted. I loved subbing high school, though... I even liked middle school better than e-school. Go figure.

Claudia said...

I've often wondered what it would be like to go back to school at that age. Also, my husband thinks I should go back to college so I can be an elementary teacher...so does your comment mean that you would rather stick with high school than teach elementary?

~kamie~ said...

If it were me going back to school . . . it would be High School Math 100%. (Okay, maybe Middle School Math - maybe.) I don't think that I have the energy for Elementary (And like Lisa - the tattle telling drives me BONKERS!!!). I think it would be a lot of fun. But I tend to be a sarcastic person that is always joking around and well... you can't do that in Elem School. But I am very entertained with High School. Ha ha. I like HS the best of all.

dust and kam said...

Sheesh! That was really me! I am pretty sure Dustyn wants to teach High School Art. At least I hope so.

Shell said...

I would be for teaching High School math as well. If I absolutly had to teach something. I really appreciate all of those who are willing to teach because I am just not cut out for it. I did teach a auto mechanics class for middle school age kids at a private school. It wasn't so bad but it wasn't a traditional setting.