Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Bum Leg


So I have had this horrible pain in my leg for almost two months. I just let it go thinking it would eventually go away. Well... I waited and waited and waited. Nothin. It just got worse. I finally went in to the doctor. He decided that it was just a mixture of my sciatica and bursitis of the hip. He decided to give me a shot of cortisone in my hip. No big deal. I thought I'd go home and it would start feeling a little better in the next few days.

Gee Whiz. I am dying. That stinkin' shot made my entire leg hurt worse than it ever even thought about hurting before. I stuggled even getting around yesterday. When I got home from tending the twins, I got in bed and didn't move all night. :P Today it has improved a little but now I have a constant pain in the front of my leg (by my shin). And holy moly it hurts. No relief I tell you.

I am hoping tomorrow is the magic day when it all disappears. I hope, I hope! It is getting so old. I would love to be able to run around and play for the summer!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! I felt this similar thing after getting a shot in my hip. Maybe the legs are super sensitive?

Shell said...

I am so sorry I hate pain, espically pain that never goes away. I hope it gets feeling better soon.

BTW I took Hannah to the Dr. she has pneumonia and he thinks she has asthma also. Poor kid.

Brittany Marie said...

*looks at illustration* *faints*

Lovely Lisa said...

Oooh, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon!

The Barclay Family said...

Ouch! Sorry you aren't feeling good. That picture is way funny though!

dust and kam said...

Kim - maybe you are right. But man, I am ready for it to go away! :P I am such a wimp!

Thanks Shell. Hannah has Pneumonia and possibly Asthma?!?!? Poor girl. :( I hope she gets feeling better. And Owen too! For your sake! Sick kids make me sad.

Brittany - I am so with you there!! The doctor had to talk me into letting him give me the shot. For real. I totally freak out over anything medical. :P I am such a baby! The smell of the hospital/clinic throws me into a frenzy.

Thanks Lis.

Meliss - ya, so not funny. Ha ha. Just teasing! I don't think I will be planning a temple trip for another week or so. When I can sit for more than 3 minutes, I'll call you!! :) (I know, enough excuses already, huh?)