Sunday, July 13, 2008

Memories

This was posted on my friend Rachel's blog and I thought I would post it and see what everyone would come up with. This could be interesting! :) Here is the challenge:

The Memory Post

1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! If we're only blogging friends, write about a post that is the most memorable for you.

2. Next, if you feel so inclined, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll be sure to write one about you...!

3. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. ☺ And please do this on your page, too, so we can all share in the fun times together. :)

13 comments:

Claudia said...

Hey Kamie! Let's see...so many of my memories of you involve the Hogster...I guess I mostly remember getting ready to open and listening to music, and how the Power 91 chick (can't remember her name) loved us and would play pretty much whatever we requested...New Found Glory, Avril Levigne, The Cure, The Used...and then she'd give us a shout-out and name her Hogi Yogi pick of the day. And we (or maybe I was the only dork!) would rock out in the back. And we'd look out for our crushes, and you'd tease me when I'd turn bright red if that basketball player I had a crush on walked by. Ahhh...good times. I also have a memory of being in the library and IM-ing with you. Is it nerdy of me to say that sometimes I miss being at SUU?

Shell said...

I guess the post I remember the most is the one that we found you on the one about getting cow poop all over your car. I still laugh about it.

Michelle said...

Sleeping out on the trampoline when we were like 12, camping, Hog n yog, happy dances, smead, penelope the plant (may she rest in peace), our black widow and furry bug pets(can't remember their names, may they also rest in peace), Margarita parties, liking the same guy...I could go on and on. Good times!

dust and kam said...

You mean Gerald and JJ?

Katelyn said...

Working at the Hampton Inn together. Stripping sheets off beds and finding nice surprises on them. Blech! You were great to let me slack off. :) I liked working with you. And Kyle (was that his name?) was an idiot and that Anthony kid was weird. haha.

Unknown said...

lets see, I don't have any funny memories, but one that is MOST recent is meeting you and Dustyn for the first time at Costa Vida and walking through the Gateway with you guys. It is always so fun to meet someone who you talk to almost every day in person! I am sure through the years we will have many more memories to share with you guys!!

mitsy said...

hahahah....I remember the party at your house when we slept out on the trampoline and we watched arachnaphobia...lol. Good times!

The Barclay Family said...

One of my favorite dorky memories is the summer before we went to SUU, and we drove around that one night in Jace's truck, your car, my car, your mom's Tahoe etc. to spy on the boys. We were really dorks! Oh, and the Spitball concerts, and hanging with the Newcomer brothers. Fun times!!

Melissa

Michelle said...

That was their names!

Thanks Melissa for reminding me of one more...

How could I forget stalker drive bys! Those were the funnest.

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about you staying at my house till you mentioned it! Leave it to my mom to make her guest wash dishes!! I do remember you hanging out with me in Richfield. That was a very rough time for me and you made it bearable. :D I was so excited when I found out it was your mom "looking out" for me and that you would be able to come visit! If I remember right, we played A LOT of cards!

Nicole said...

Okay Kamie I have so many memories of you. Here are a few: The route, state basketball, the first time you came to my house and you wouldn't chose which bowl of ice cream you wanted, when your car horn got stuck in front of my house at 3ish in the morning, when the lady at Payless thought we were twins, all the goofy church dances and school non date dances, the little red geo, Arby's when that rude guy came in about the fries, the concert you took me to at cougar stadium with the throw-up incident, Clueless and Princess Diana, walking home with our groceries and laundry (ahhh)at college, you getting a better grade then me in softball and me getting a better grade than you in history (wierd), making goulash with our food storage at Snow, you forbiding me to ever eat angel food cake again, my mom calling every morning at 7 a.m. and you always answering it, the war with Jared, going up the canyon and playing on the swing, biking and rollerblading in hail, laying in the ditches when it rained, us worrying about "the Vegas roommates" and how great they turned out to be, making totally stupid tapes for our missionary boyfriends, going to Vegas to see them and having the tire blow out, how excited I was when you finally found Dustyn, the heartbreak of Hannah, and totally missing you at the last class reunion. just to name a few. I can't tell you how much fun I have had with you through the years. I admire you so much. I miss you too! I wish that we could get together more often, but that is life. Love ya muches and more muches!

Jenny said...

You are such an awesome person! I totally admire you. I've loved that we could talk about Idol together and hang out at the party and the concert. It was way fun to play games with you.

Even though we haven't hung out very much, I feel close to you because we share a similar loss. It's been nice to have someone I can relate to.

My favorite post that you did was your post about what your adoption process has been like. It was very eye-opening to me. I can't imagine how brave you have been through it all. I look up to you so much!

Ruth said...

Hmmm. Memories of Kamie. Looking through all the other comments a lot came to mind. I remembered I LOVED to come over to your apartment because it was always so funny. I think there were times I was laughing so hard I couldn't stand up anymore.

Since you brought it up, I remember you coming up to me the day of Carrie's funeral. At that moment I hadn't been crying because I was occupied trying to figure out who was riding to the cemetery in which car, and when I saw you I was amazed you were there. I'd forgotten you'd worked with Carrie at Hampton. I think I started crying again because you were crying and I don't know why, but Hannah popped into my head. I thought "This must be so hard for her to be here." For some reason my grief made me think of everyone else's. Anyway, I really appreciated you being there and letting me know you'd come. What a friend you are!