Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July!

So many pictures!  Where to begin.  (This isn't even the tip of the iceberg, but it's all I will bore you with!  :)  

We had an awesome Holiday weekend!  Our hometown has the best 4th of July ever.  There are so many fun traditions that we get to participate in every year.  And that we have participated in for nearly 29 years (for me anyways)!  So much fun!  
On the 3rd, we went to the Children's Parade.  My mom had a Jewelry booth, so we helped her set up and chilled there for the afternoon.  
Tryen and Hadi
We also went to the Diaper Derby.
Here is Mattie in the race.
Everyone had lots of fun at the Climbing Wall.
Chelle and CindyKenz
And just chillin' and visiting.  The kids had fun running around.
Afterwards we went to my Grandma D's house and had a double birthday party for two of my cute cousins, Carly and Mattie!  It so fun to get together with everyone at least once a year.

The 4th was awesome, as usual.  I totally love the 4th of July.  First off we had the 21 (i think) cannon salute at 6:00AM.  A tradition that I have LOVED since I was a child.  At that moment at 6:00AM, it is officially the 4th of July.  When we were kids (up until I got married-sleeping outside on the tramp does not excite Dustyn when there is a nice comfy bed inside!) we always slept outside so we could hear the cannons better.  Of course it is so loud you can hear it anywhere in the valley.  I am sure most people don't want to be woke up at 6AM on a holiday, but it's my most favorite alarm clock of the entire year.

Next we have the Parade!  This year Dustyn and I rode with my Grandpa D in the Parade.  It was so much fun to see everyone.  Of course no one recognized me, so it was funny!  Here I am yelling their names and they are looking at me going - ME?  By the time we were almost past most of them realized who I was.  We were pretty bummed we weren't able to throw candy this year.   But it was fun to ride in the new diesel.  There were so many people there this year!  Crazy! (Of course I didn't even take any pictures.  Sad.)

On to all the festivities of the park.  There is a lot of food and kids games and lots of visiting friends who you haven't seen for-ev-er!  My family always has a spot on the west side of the park, but this year we hung out at my mom's booth.  It was a little weird not being over there.  :)  No one knew where to find me!  :)  

Of course we have the kid races and the Fish Grab.  Fun times.  
Here is the pools before the fish:
With fish (500 pounds):
And with kids:
There were some seriously big fish!
Yum - Cotton Candy!
Some more random pictures.
Trying to stay COOL!My Grandparents.CamRee tried out the Mechanical Bull. Good Job CamRee! You are so brave!
After the park, we went to my Grandparents house for dinner and fireworks.  This is my "See, I am smiling" picture.We ate some yummy food and had lots of fun.  The kids ran through the sprinklers and played on the swing set and went on 4-wheeler rides.  We didn't take too many pictures during the day.  Weird, I know.  But we did get a few for you to enjoy.
Getting ready for the AMAZING fireworks! It was a great show this year. We always have the best fireworks!We stopped by to see Dustyn's sis Jer and R'dell. They were getting ready for the fireworks too. Best seats in town!

Dustyn and I tried to get a good picture so we could make some pass-along cards.  Jace is quite the photographer, huh?  (okay, so we were goofing off too much.  I am not sure if it is possible for us to have serious faces.) Yes, we are dorks.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE all the pictures. it looks like you had a FUN 4th of July!!

JaKell and Brandon said...

cute pics! Did you know you got CamRee and the back of Gillians head in the second picture at the fish grab where all the kids are in the pools? fun fun!

Kyle/Michelle said...

Ah, you make me miss the fourths in Richfield! Thanks. :)

The Barclay Family said...

I'm so glad we weren't the only ones that didn't recognize you in the parade!! I don't know why, but I wasn't expecting to see you in a huge diesel! Fun times!! Gotta love Richfield's 4th!!

matt&meg said...

Your towns celebration looks way fun! Love Holidays! I dont know about the cannon thing...im not really a morning person :)

Nicole said...

Hey Kamie, we ended up doing the barbeque for dinner instead of for lunch so I figured you were out with Carrie. I hope you guys had a blast. I hope you have a great birthday today. Love ya much! Nicole

The Barclay Family said...

Happy Birthday Kamie!!

Onda Vee Dotson said...

Love the pictures Kamie. Thanks for doing all those pictures.

dust and kam said...

Thanks Arianne! We had a great time! Except for this dang burn that is sticking around to remind me of the great day we had! :)

JaKell - I still can't find them in the picture. We were just taking random pictures over our heads, because we couldn't actually see. TOO many people!

Michelle: Richfield 4th's rawk! I hope you guys get to come back for one soon! :) Do they do anything fun in New Mexico? I totally forgot where you actually live! Ha ha!

Meliss: It was pretty much everyone! So you are totally fine! But I missed seeing you at the park! But I am sure St. George was just as fun as the park! Maybe even more fun. (Oops. Did I even say that??)

Meg: Our celebration is awesome. It's so small town. But great. It gets bigger every year, which is kinda sad. And you would LOVE the cannons! :)

Nicole: Sorry I missed you guys. Hopefully I can come visit soon!

NIcole and Meliss : Thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

Grandma: We'll burn you a CD someday soon!

Lovely Lisa said...

Ah, I am so jealous. Our 4th of July was lame, lame, LAME. Glad you had fun, though!

Shell said...

That sounds like a fun day. My sister and her family were at the parade there. She is married to Dave Oldroyd, from Glenwood. (I think you said Ryan is your age). We didn't do much on the fourth we never really do. I think it is a fun holiday we just are not crowd people.