Thursday, September 25, 2008

BYU/Graffiti/Moths... the perfect combination!

As mentioned before, we spent Friday afternoon cleaning out our entire garage.  We got rid of quite a bit of junk.  One thing I hate about garages is that no matter how organized they are, they still look junky.  Or maybe it's just me.  Anyways, here is a picture of our garage.  Who says Mac's aren't useful?  Ha ha!
Dustyn got 20 new iMacs for his classroom.  I decided to bring home the boxes to try and organize our junk.  Sadly, most of them are empty...  but someday when I want to have junk, I have somewhere to put it.  They work very nicely.  You can easily access the contents without removing the box, if you don't want to.

Dustyn I went to the BYU vs. Wyoming game (44-0) last Saturday with the youth in our ward.  Here are a few pictures that I took.  It was pretty fun!
On the way up to Provo we saw a train parked on the side of the freeway.  It was super long.  Maybe some of you Happy valley folk have seen it, but almost the entire thing has graffiti on it.  I am a sucker for cool graffiti.  I do think it has a time and place.  Foul words on the side of someone else's professional building is one thing, but most of the time I really enjoy looking at it.  I'm weird I know.  Anyways on the way back Dustyn pulled the camera out and took picture for me.  Of course we were on the freeway so they were all blurry.  Had we not had youth with us, we totally would have stopped and took some cool pictures.  Maybe it will still be there this weekend.  It's very cool.
 On the way back we stopped at a local burger shop and got a drink.  Ew, ew, ew.  I'm gagging thinking about it.  We love getting drinks there because they have good ice.  I really just wanted some soda soaked ice.  So I quickly drank my drink to get to the ice.  As I finished it all up, I pushed the straw all the way to the bottom and took one more large last drink.  Ew.  All of a sudden all the moisture was pulled out of my mouth and was filled with a sand of sorts.  I am thinking it was cleaner for ice machines.  Ew.  I was totally grossed out.  I started gagging.  (I have THE worst gag reflex ever.  Seriously.)  Of course I was driving so I was trying SO hard not to throw up.  It was so gross.  I doubt I can ever go there again, let alone just get a fountain drink somewhere.  Ew.

Let's see...  what's next.

Remember how I have been complaining about Moths lately?  So here is a picture that I took today.  I had a moth massacre.  Ew.  Here are all the ones I killed.  Here are all the ones that I hadn't caught yet.  It is so bad.  While I am killing all these moths there are 30+ outside on the window just waiting to come in and join in on the battle.  They are so bad this year.  AND this is only the kitchen! We are in the bedroom now and Dustyn has caught at least 5 or 6 just sitting here, without even trying.  They are still flying around in the fan, getting flipped downward onto our heads.  Gross.

7 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Gotta love Macs-- useful in ANY situation! I think graffiti is interesting, too. People who do it obviously have some artistic talent-- they just need to channel it more appropriately. Sorry about the crap in your beverage. That would make me gag, too! And I wish I had some sort of moth wisdom for you. Are there any moth traps or sprays at the store? Maybe one of those cedar blocks would help.

JaKell and Brandon said...

thats sucks!

we haven't had any really out of the norm, but other people have. Lately I sell alot of those cedar blocks, moth balls and moth spray at work, so they must be bad around here too.

Unknown said...

ew for the moths AND that sandy drink! SICK!!

Shae said...

I wouldn't be sad that your boxes are empty! That would be a YAY!! At least you do have a place for when you do have stuff to put in them, but for now, at least you don't have "stuff" there. I am always looking for places to put all of our "stuff", and sometimes it hard to find the places!

Onda Vee Dotson said...

We also went to the BYU/Wyoming game. Coming home I was trying to count all the train cars and make out all the words in graffiti. I was also thinking that the artists must have some talent, and patience to do all that. Too bad its channeled in the wrong direction.

Shell said...

We have had fly problems this year they are just everywhere. Moths are easier to kill but they bug me more too.

Your garage looks good. We can't even fit one car in our two car garage. We have to many toys!

Jenny said...

I am jealous that you got to go to the BYU game. I'm such a huge fan!

Sorry about the ice thing - gross! I have a horrible gag reflex, too. I hate it!