I finally got all the Christmas decor taken down and cleaned up! I am so excited, because it seems like most years I put it off until after the new year. This year I can focus more on partying in the New Year and not having to worry about getting the cleaning done before Monday. Nice. Very nice!
These cool people are coming to our house for New Years! I am so excited. I hope they don't get too bored with our po-dunk town. lol Either way, we can party hard, play lots of games and eat lots of food!
The one part that I do not like about winter - dry skin. Ouch. I have so many cracks on my hands and I am horrible about applying lotion consistently. It is a habit that I need to develop. Is there such thing as waterproof lotion? I wash my hands far too much during the day.
Speaking of ouch, and hands... yesterday when I was packaging up some lights in a cardboard box, I got a BAD cardboard cut on my palm. Ouch! Gotta love those, aye Michelle? Takes you right back to the good 'ole days at Smead. Ugh.
My legs ache today. You know, like "growing" pains ache, but times ten. Ouch. I hope it passes soon. Guess I was on my feet a little too long yesterday.
So one time I read in a blog post that you are only suppose to put one space after a period now-a-days. (And she's smart. And a better reporter than I would ever be.) I really, really, really try hard to do it, but I seriously cannot change the habit that I developed all those many years ago. How do you fix a habit like that? Seriously.
I am tending today and MyMy is still sleeping. Silly girl! It's almost 9:00, that is unusual. Mal, on the other hand, has some serious bed head. lol (She woke up right after I typed that.)
By the way, this is going to end up being an all day entry.
I think I left my phone home. Dang. I hate that. What ever did we do before cell phones and internet?
I keep neglecting to mention our Christmas Eve. I was great! We went to Dustyn's sister's house and had dinner and games. Fun times, fun times. Of course we had Steak and Crab because that is the tradition. (thanks guys, it rocked) Then we played a few games. They were even good sports and played Quelf with us. If you have never played it, it is a super crazy game. Crazy, I tell you. But there was definitely good food and good times. (Thanks again guys!)
Oh yeah, I took ZERO pictures during the Christmas Holiday. What is up with that. I have one small video of Dustyn opening his present and that is all. At least I have that! Oh yeah, and pictures of the race track. :)
Dustyn is so funny with his race track. I walk in the room and there he sits staring at his tracks. (during the 15 minute rest time) He comes up with a new configuration tries it out, makes adjustments, tries something new, and over and over again. It makes me laugh. He's cute. Here is one of the tracks he came up with last night.
I have a lot to clean up. So many new toys! But for sure a disaster. Guess I should get busy. I guess that is all for now. Have a great Tuesday people!
These cool people are coming to our house for New Years! I am so excited. I hope they don't get too bored with our po-dunk town. lol Either way, we can party hard, play lots of games and eat lots of food!
The one part that I do not like about winter - dry skin. Ouch. I have so many cracks on my hands and I am horrible about applying lotion consistently. It is a habit that I need to develop. Is there such thing as waterproof lotion? I wash my hands far too much during the day.
Speaking of ouch, and hands... yesterday when I was packaging up some lights in a cardboard box, I got a BAD cardboard cut on my palm. Ouch! Gotta love those, aye Michelle? Takes you right back to the good 'ole days at Smead. Ugh.
My legs ache today. You know, like "growing" pains ache, but times ten. Ouch. I hope it passes soon. Guess I was on my feet a little too long yesterday.
So one time I read in a blog post that you are only suppose to put one space after a period now-a-days. (And she's smart. And a better reporter than I would ever be.) I really, really, really try hard to do it, but I seriously cannot change the habit that I developed all those many years ago. How do you fix a habit like that? Seriously.
I am tending today and MyMy is still sleeping. Silly girl! It's almost 9:00, that is unusual. Mal, on the other hand, has some serious bed head. lol (She woke up right after I typed that.)
By the way, this is going to end up being an all day entry.
I think I left my phone home. Dang. I hate that. What ever did we do before cell phones and internet?
I keep neglecting to mention our Christmas Eve. I was great! We went to Dustyn's sister's house and had dinner and games. Fun times, fun times. Of course we had Steak and Crab because that is the tradition. (thanks guys, it rocked) Then we played a few games. They were even good sports and played Quelf with us. If you have never played it, it is a super crazy game. Crazy, I tell you. But there was definitely good food and good times. (Thanks again guys!)
Oh yeah, I took ZERO pictures during the Christmas Holiday. What is up with that. I have one small video of Dustyn opening his present and that is all. At least I have that! Oh yeah, and pictures of the race track. :)
Dustyn is so funny with his race track. I walk in the room and there he sits staring at his tracks. (during the 15 minute rest time) He comes up with a new configuration tries it out, makes adjustments, tries something new, and over and over again. It makes me laugh. He's cute. Here is one of the tracks he came up with last night.
I have a lot to clean up. So many new toys! But for sure a disaster. Guess I should get busy. I guess that is all for now. Have a great Tuesday people!
4 comments:
Avon makes a really good hand cream for the dryness. I forget exactly what it's called, but it's white with a blue lid. It's almost like vaseline, but it absorbs better.
I'm not sure what to tell you about the two-space thing. It's just one of those things you have to work on. I've been doing one space for as long as I can remember-- maybe even back to high school.
Have a fun new year, and a good time playing with the toys! Dustyn's track looks cool.
Love all the random thoughts! You make me laugh! So...I never realized that there is only supposed to be one space after the period. I still always do two spaces...I guess old habits die hard!
I quite easily adjusted to the one space, coz two just felt like it wasnt right. I always DID two but one seems nicer. I know, I'm weird lol.
I get dry skin in summer. Perth has almost zero humidity in summer so every bit of moisture is sucked out of you. Add aircon running 24-7 and I'm dry as a prune!
i love your random thoughts!!! we are excited to see you guys tomorrow!!
Post a Comment