Monday, February 11, 2008

New Things!

I am all for trying new things - but I never know what to try.  So I thought hey, why not turn to YOU!!  

I am asking for your favorites!

What is your favorite type of EYE SHADOW? EYE LINER? SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER?  TOOTHPASTE? MAKE-UP REMOVER? Mousse/Gel? Hairspray?

What is your favorite type of EXERCISE?  

There are a few for today!  I am excited to try out some new things!

12 comments:

sarah said...

oooh oooh oooh!

Eyeshadow/eyeliner - don't know, don't care. I just rummage through whatever I have on the very rare occasions I wear makeup :P

Shampoo/Conditioner - I just switched back to OUTRAGEOUS! It gives me my big curls, it leaves my hair unbelievably soft and it smells AMAZING!! I was using the straightening one from Herbal Essences before and I was just tired of having my hair simply wavy.

Exercise is swimming or doing a couple of workout modes with DDR. That reminds me, I gotta go do that more often....

and ooooh, I have another question - why do you guys get married so fast? :D

~kamie~ said...

DDR sounds fun! I need to try that! And I have been thinking about swimming! :) And I am going to have to try out that shampoo! Thanks for your ideas! This is fun! :)

Christie said...

my kind of make-up is Mary Kay... I like suave shampoo and hair products, I like colgate toothpaste, and I think that's all that I can remember

the splendid life of us... said...

I don't have a favorite of any of these things. But my favorite perfume is Gap's SO PINK. I love it because it isnt stong and it smells so good, not perfumy (if that is a word?)Hope you have fun trying new things!!

Anonymous said...

Surprisingly enough - I am not exercising 5 days a week (who would have ever thought). I am actually addicted to water aerobics - it is the highlight of my week. Also, I have begun mall walking. It is fun to check everything out as you walk past.

Amy said...

I love Matrix shampoo/conditioner in the blue bottle. When I am rich or my stylist is feeling generous I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pureology. Holy EXPENSIVE Batman!

I use cheap make-up. But, I can't live without my Maybeline Pure Foundation (it's powder in a rectangular compact).

Walking is my only gig these. I long to be a runner. Someday...

Colgate toothpaste ALL THE WAY.

AND, find a super cool water bottle you LOVE so you drink LOTS of water each day. It will really help with your headaches. I promise. Take it from someone who hasn't had a migraine in 5 years baby! I used to be a regular suffer-er. WATER!!!

Oh, one more thing. Vitamin B50. It's a combination of all the good B's in a time release capsule. I can't live without it now. Here is where I bought mine http://www.vitacost.com/Country-Life-Action-B50-Caps.
Seriously Kamie. You wont believe you have lived this long without them. One a day. Easy. Cheap. DO IT!!

Lovely Lisa said...

EYE SHADOW/EYE LINER: Cover Girl... the Perfect Point Plus eyeliner is the best b/c I don't have to sharpen it

SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER: Herbal Essences is my all-time favorite, although I switch it out occasionally with Sunsilk

TOOTHPASTE: Crest tartar control, but I just bought a thing of Colgate to see if I like the taste better

MAKE-UP REMOVER: 3-in-1 cleanser from Mary Kay (but I use Dove and Wal-Mart astringent sometimes, too!)

MOUSSE/GEL: Herbal Essences mousse when I actually use mousse

HAIRSPRAY: Dove (less sticky than Suave, I have discovered)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I go to Curves three times a week... I heart it!

dust and kam said...

This is fun! Thanks Everyone!

Her - You'd never believe it - but I made Dustyn buy DDR for me for Valentines today. We used it and I totally got a workout and it was fun! Yay!! My calf muscles definitely got a workout! Ha ha!! I look forward to making a habit of it! Yay!!

Christie - I love Mary Kay too - but last time I used it my eyelids broke out BAD and it took a long time to get back to normal. It was weird. I use to use it all the time, but suddenly I can't. I have even tried new ones just to make sure mine wasn't contaminated or something. I really miss it.

So far the only thing that I have found that doesn't break me out is Clinique. But I am tempted to try something new - thus the survey! :)

Brenley - I am going to have to go try it out next time I am up north or somewhere with a GAP! I love smells like that - light and not purfumy! :)

Heather - I am thinking Water Aerobics is sounding fun too! I wish you were closer to go with!

Amy - I have the purple Matrix and I hate it. I don't know why. It makes my hair so yucky. Is that weird. I didn't even finish it. I went and bought cheap stuff and put it in my closet for when I was desperate. Ha ha. But I usually like Matrix. I don't know what the deal was. But right now I am using Infusium and I actually like it pretty well. But of course I can't buy something twice in a row! Ha ha! I am a dork!

And I am going to have to try that Foundation. I usually use Clinque as well - but I am being lazy! I need something quick!

And if only there was a trick to make me drink water. I am so not a fan of water. I have tried all sorts of things. But someday I will figure it out! :) And vitamins would be good for me! I might have to try that too!

Lisa - I usually use Revlon - but next time I think I'll try Cover Girl! :) And Herbal Essences! I hate buying Mousse. I can never find one I like. I think I have tried them all once! Ha ha. Dustyn gets tired of my standing in the hair stuff isle for 30 minutes when we go shopping! :)

I really like the DOVE hairspray - but I think I am allergic to Dove products. My head itches like crazy! Same for the Deoderant and stuff. WHich is really sad.


Thanks so far for everyone comments! I am totally having fun with this! :)

Shell said...

EYE SHADOW/EYE LINER: I don't wear make-up most of the time to lazy and cheap.

SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER: I like Garnier Fruitise (I can't spell)

TOOTHPASTE: Anything that is not mint flavor eversince I was pregnant with my first it makes me gag.

MAKE-UP REMOVER: I don't use because I don't wear make-up

MOUSSE/GEL: Don't usually use.

HAIRSPRAY: I like Aussy Purple bottle I like the smell.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I actually don't mind running since I started last fall. I used to hate it but now it isn't to bad. (I haven't ran since I ran the Marathon on new years though so I better get my rear in gear.)

Chelle said...

Eyeshadow and eyeliner- I just found a place called Nature Source in the mall (after trying Sheer Cover). The makeup is 100% all natural minerals and I LOVE it! They can be found in the carts in the malls. Its a little pricy, but so worth it. I've noticed a huge difference in my skin since I started using it a month ago.

Shampoo and conditioner - I like the Bath & Body works moisturizing. It makes my hair soft and silky, and it leaves it smelling awesome. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pureology; however, its super expensive but so worth the cost (abt $26 for each shamp and cond). I just use it on the weekends to give my hair a boost. You can find it at Target or hair salons.

Toothpaste - I love the aquafresh extreme. It foams up a little in your mouth and really gets that tartar. I couldn't live without it.

Makeup remover - I use Oil of Olay facial cloths because it removes all of your makeup, even mascara. It leaves your skin fresh and clean.

Exercise - Yoga! I know it sounds trendy, but its seriously awesome. It makes you feel really buff and it is so relaxing. It gives you a sense of well-being the next day. Highly recommend it.

Claudia said...

I switch products so often, that I can't say that I really have a fave of the beaty stuff. But I'm gonna second on the yoga--it is so nice to stretch out. And you can start out slow--it's all about your own pace. It helps with my posture, too.

Michelle said...

I love Almay make up. They for some reason stopped selling my favorite foundation though. Grrr. But I love their eye products that are made to bring out your specific eye color. I'm a big fan.

I also really love the brilliant brunet hair products. But mostly I use Suave hair products because they are more affordable and they work really well for me.

As for exercise. I have found that mixing things up is key. I can't stick to one thing all the time. I love swimming, yoga, dancing (I wish we had DDR), and walking. I alternate doing those. I wish I had a gym membership. I LOVE going to the gym!!