Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunshine and Summertime!


We had a good weekend up at Fishlake. On Friday we ate, sat around the fire, roasted marshmellos and sang songs. It was fun to spend sometime with the kids. They have grown up a lot since the last time I saw them. Hadi has a lot of funny things to say. Last time we saw her she wasn't talking much... so it's been a lot of fun.

On Saturday we took the paddle boat out and paddled all over the lake. Dustyn and I took kids out on a few long rides. Then after we had exausted ourselves we took the boat out a fished for a few hours. It was a lot of fun. We were only catching the small planters... but they were still fun. The only problem was that when we were putting sun screen on, Dustyn neglected his knees (because his shorts covered them) and I didn't put any on my legs. What were we thinking. We are burnt crisp. I don't remember the last time I had a burn like this. My legs never burn... but I guess this time they did. I even took extra care to wear a hat so my head and face didn't burn. :P Saturday night we set up all the movie equiptment and watched "Open Season" on the side of a trailer. Fun times!




On Saturday we went to Church at the Lodge and then came home. It was a good weekend. We tried to make Frozen Yogurt with Dustyn's new Ice Cream maker, but it didn't really turn out well.


No comments: