Thursday, February 7, 2008
A funky smell . . .
Every so often we get this funky smell in our pantry and down our hallway. It happened a few months back and I searched and smelled and searched and smelled and took everything out and looked some more. I never found the culprit. But the smell went away and I never thought about it again - until a few days ago. It's back! I believe this the the third time is has been back. But it seems like there is a 6 month or so break in between. Weird. It is a really strong meaty garlicky smell. It reminds me of a strong salami smell. Salami that has been setting out for a day or two. I have no idea what it is and it is diving me nuts! I have smelled around and around and can not find the source! Grrr...... Anyone have any ideas? :) Wanna come sniff my pantry? I would love to lose the smell for good. I promise I wouldn't mind. But until then I have stocked up my febreeze air-fresheners and sprayed everything... it still smells! It is so strong that nothing helps! Yuck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's hillarious! Sorry about the smell, but the way you describe it is really funny! I especially like the picture too.
Yuck! That is the worst! I hopeyou figure it out. Maybe it will just eventually mold away. :p
We had a mouse die in our wall one time and it smelt bad for awhile then went away. We didn't know exactly where it was and didn't want to cut open all our walls looking for it.
I like the smiling salami!
Sick - I would be gagging 24/7 !!!
haha...I was just gonna ask if maybe an animal died in your wall or something. lol.
I hope it goes away soon! Actually we were gone all weekend and just got home. . . I don't smell it yet. That could be a good sign!! But I haven't opened the pantry yet. I am not really excited to either! YUCK!
And Shell, we did have that happen in the first house we lived in too! It was HORRIBLE!! It smelt forever! However, I don't think that is what happened here since it keeps coming back and it doesn't really smell dead - just meaty and garlicky! Ha ha!
Whenever I have yucky smells in my pantry it's always my sack of potatoes! No lie...if you have a bag of potatoes in there...I would check that! Sometimes if one gets rotten in the bag...it permeates the whole house!!! yuck! Good luck!
Post a Comment