Thursday, December 20, 2007

. . . and MORE suckers!

So you know how we made those suckers for "Taste of Christmas" and then not too many people showed up?  Well we decided to just let them sell the remaining suckers in the office to the students to raise more money.  Well they sold out. . . fast.  So the Student Council came up to me yesterday and asked me to make more suckers.  Really?  Do I have to?  Of course, I can't say no.  I mean it's for a good cause and it's the least I can do.  But that didn't make me anymore excited to make more.  I am kinda suckered out!

So last night Dustyn and I made a little over 400 suckers.  We made them for almost 6 hours.  We had two pots going and were cooking them as fast as possible with the amount of molds that we had.  It was. . . fun.   We finally gave up at 1:00AM and decided that was enough.  We were done.  I am hoping this isn't becoming a routine.  Maybe if I were able to take a month long break or something.  LOL!  

I am happy that it was all for a good cause and that it is helping a family raise enough money for a bone-marrow transplant.  That part makes me happy.

No comments: