Seriously?!?! Yes, that is what I was thinking as I said, "Sure, we'd love a Saturn Vue".
Of course I have to post the latest Rental Car story. Such a joke. Ha ha. Just kidding. So we took the Vue back, thankful to get rid of it. This one was worse than last weeks. I miss the keyless entry! What 2007 car doesn't have keyless entry! Blah! Anyways. We took it back. We went inside to wait in line. It was a much faster wait this time and a much better experience. We got up to the counter where a somewhat crusty lady was helping us. Of course our friend Brad noticed us there. He said Hi and asked us how things were going. It was nice to feel like we have made amens with him. Brad and I have had a rough past 3 rentals (including the one from May). Brad and I are tight!
We were assigned a Pontiac Vibe. Yay! At least it wasn't a Saturn Vue! So we went out to pick up our car. When we got out there we saw a white Pontiac Vibe sitting there with a guy sitting in it. I was thinking, I wonder if that is ours? Then he drove off. But I was exciting because it looked really nice. So one by one they brought up car after car after car. And we sat there. Each one of them asking what we were waiting for. And again, nothing. After sitting there for quite sometime, one of the ladys came up and talked to us again. She suddenly realized that someone else had taken our car. Just as I had suspected. Oh no. What now? Not the Vue. No, they wouldn't give us the Vue. I mean we just returned it and they haven't had to time to clean it. It was like 30 cars back in line when we dropped it off, and the line had been fast. So we weren't too worried.
She had us come around to the desk in the lot. They decided to give us something different of course. So we walked up.... and what envelope was sitting next to the computer with another reservation? A Saturn Vue. Nah, that is for someone else. Wrong. "We have a Saturn Vue here that you can take". Blah! Seriously? Well at least maybe it is the first one we had... we could get the leather seats and keyless entry back. Better than the one we got. So we took the keys and noticed there was no keyless entry. No way. We walked up and confirmed our fears. The SAME stains! Dang! Man, they were FAST!
So once again, we have a Saturn Vue. I guess it could be worse. But I have seen TWO Saturn Vue's in the whole Rental Car garage and we have to get both? Grrr.... I LOVE Saturns! The funny thing is... everytime we have got a Vue, it has been for a different class of cars. At least this week it's cheaper. Sadly enough, it is still cheaper for us to drive to Pittsburgh and drop off and pick up the same car than it is to extend. I love rental companies. Come on... cut us a break!
No comments:
Post a Comment