Friday, July 27, 2007

What I have been reading.


"First Comes Love ... then come the hard part."
By Whitney Lyles

I decided to read this book yesterday. I just happen to pick it up at the bookstore and thought it might be interesting. It was pretty good. Now I am not saying to rush out and read it, because more than likely you would be bored out of your mind.

But for me, it was nice to relate... and on more than one level (except for the getting pregnant part of course). It was nice to read a story of hope and loss and not be in it. Of course this book is about infertility and trying to get pregnant. And family/friend pressures. I found it quite comical. But it was nice to relate to someone who didn't plan on having children first off. Then the thought that you might be pregnant (or are pregnant). And then watching those happy moments drift away. Then wanting it, even though before you never would have considered it happening so fast. And then waiting and longing and hoping every month, just to have your hopes crushed. I know there are a lot of people that I know what I am talking about and how I feel. Probably more than I even know.

It's always nice to be able to relate.

Now I am reading "The Guardian" by Nicholas Sparks. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: