We drove to Vegas yesterday. We got on a red eye flight around midnight. It was a four hour flight so we got to Pittsburgh around 7:00AM. Lets just say, even though we were on the exit rows with twice the leg room... there is no way I can sleep on airplanes. Blah. It was one of the shortest nights ever though. So we got our rental car. While we were picking it up the lady asked if we wanted to upgrade for $5 a day. We could get a Toyota Carolla, PT Cruiser or a Mustang. We said, "Nah, we'll take the subcompact". Wrong answer! Take the $5, take the $5!! So we walked out to our Chevy Aveo. You know those commericals that show the 5 huge basketball players getting out of the Aveo. HA HA HA! We couldn't even fit out luggage in the car! We finally got it situated and in the car. The car is quite dirty... and on the window is this sticker!
Ewww!! Nasty! I want to take it off because it grosses me out, but I can't make myself touch it! Gross!
So the car is.... interesting. The seats are horrible. There is one cup holder that neither front passanger can reach. There is one arm rest on the drivers side... The whols car is just akward. And it's Yellow! TAKE THE FIVE DOLLARS! Ha ha! Just kidding. It is alright. It will serve it's purpose. Sadly enough I am thinking... man I wish we had the Saturn again! LOL!
So gas is pretty cheap out here. At least cheaper than Utah. $2.89
Well we got to our hotel around 10AM. We were exausted and just plain tired. So we talked the front desk people into letting us checkin at 10 instead of 3PM. We got to our room and crashed! We slept until 3ish. Then we went to Walmart and drove around for awhile. We went to the Eatn'Park for dinner. It was good, I was surprised. Then we got back to our hotel to plan the day. I crashed again around 7:00 and woke up around 10:00. Those red eyes are a killer! But I feel like I have wasted a whole day!
6 comments:
LOL. The sticker! Welcome to PA! Where are you staying? Pittsburgh or Johnstown?
BTW. I had no clue that you've been here all day! I didn't know you were on a red eye flight.
Kamie-Good info about the Aveo-we had one reserved for our next trip. I'll definitely have to consider the $5 upgrade!! :) Have fun in PA!
Oh yeah, and they don't have cruise! Or a CD player or tape player.... or electric anything. You can't lock the drivers side door from the inside. You have to shut the door, put the key in and turn it. AND it has a weird Transmission. It doesn't shift until it is 5 and a half (thousand) RPM's and it will NOT shift when you are on any sort of an incline. It stays in the lower gears and revs the engine.... even if you take your foot off the gas. Blah. But on the otherhand, we are getting good gas mileage!
So how was the fouth in Richfield?
The 4th was good. They had a nice parade, and lots of heat. Guess it got up to 97 degrees from what the radio said this morning. I thought I heard that Vegas hit 128. Not sure, but they said something like that. I'll have to check that out. That is just TOO FREAKIN HOT for anybody!!!!
Holy Cow. The park was crowed as usual, and the fish grab was fun again. Both Tryen and Camree caught fish. Tryen just had one trapped in the corner and Kelly kind of slipped her hand in and flipped it out on the grass. While they were looking at it, here comes CamRee with a death grip on another one. It looked like her fingernails were going to puncture clear thru its body as hard as she was sqeezing. WE took pictures and then they just happen to get back into the water. I doubt they were swimming, but at least we didn't have to figure out what to do with them until we got home!!! ha ha LOL some other parents got stuck with them this year!!!!
The Fish Grab, gotta love it!
Post a Comment