Here are 100 things about my dad.
1. He would do anything for anyone!
2. He likes to spend time with his family.
3. His family are his favorite people.
4. He loves his grandchildren and spoils them like grandparents should.
5. My favorite thing about my dad is when he laughs. When he laughs there is no stopping. My gut hurts for hours.
6. He loves to tell stories.
7. He's the best hunter I know.
8. He lets me tease him about getting a bigger elk than him.
9. One of my favorite things to do with him is to go Ice Fishing.
10. He loves to camp.
11. He loves us even when we do stupid things.
12. He's forgiving.
13. He doesn't admit to liking movies very often, but we all know that deep down, he loves the movie, "Napolean Dynomite".
14. He is very helpful about doing the dishes at home.
15. He is a good BBQ'er.
16. He is a hard worker.
17. He can use ten key, answer phones and carry on a conversation with me all at the same time.
18. He's the fastest typer/10 key'er I know.
19. He secretly loves to blog.
20. He is a taxidermist. (that is big out here in PA)
21. He has his Associates Degree.
23. He was student body president of the SVATC.
24. He loves his shed!
25. He is charismatic.
26. He has done more work on our house than we have! :)
27. He likes to see his children succeed.
28. He doesn't like soup.
29. I have no idea what his favorite food is... maybe Steak and Potatoes.
30. He owns two diesels (I think).
31. He likes to go float tubing.
32. He use to coach Jace's and Chet's ball teams.
33. He loves the Outdoor Channel.
34. He could watch hunting videos all day.
35. He is a very very good shot!
36. He drives a red Dodge 4-door truck.
37. It has camo seat covers.
38. He likes country music.
39. He gets up super early (not by choice).
40. He watches TV with his eyes closed.
41. He wakes up long enought to change the channel... once you are interested.
42. He likes to watch Everyone Loves Raymond, That 70's Show, According to Jim, Deal or No Deal, My Wife and Kids.
43. He loves to watch anything with Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy and Bill Engvall.
44. He falls asleep every time we watch a movie. (on purpose or not... I have no idea).
45. I remember getting him to the theater a few times... The Crocodile Hunter, Star Wars (he HATED it), Cars, and Wild Hogs.
46. He will eat mostly anything.
47. As long as it isn't weird... and mostly American.
48. Did I mention he cracks me up when he laughs.
49. He went to Missouri once to go hunting.
50. He applies for Elk Tags in PA. When he draws out, I am coming!
51. He went to Tim and Faith even when he didn't want to!
52. He is 51 years old!
53. I love listening to his stories of when he was a kid.
54. Once he pushed a strangers car into a canal.
55. I love going hunting with my dad.
56. I like that he watches American Idol so we can talk about it.
57. He got a new 4-wheeler that he was excited about... I still haven't riden on it.
58. The same 4-wheeler sucked up Jace's float tube.
59. He is always willing to help his kids... move, remodel, pick up mail, feed dog, etc.
60. He has a lot of funny/gross stories about riding the bus to work when he worked at the Coal Mine.
61. Sometimes I am too much like him.
62. I have seen him cry.. twice!
63. He doesn't love big cities.
64. I like to go on trips with him... I like to navigate while he drives.
65. He doesn't like to decide where to eat.
66. His front lawn always looks nice.
67. He's hard to shop for. When he wants something, he buys it.
68. He is supportive, no matter what.
69. He is very good with numbers.
70. We always look to him for financial advice.
71. He's super smart... AND has common sense too!
72. He has 4 children. Ages 28, 26, 24 (almost 25), and 16.
73. He's been married 29 years (i think).
74. He's a good public speaker.
75. I like to golf. He is good at it too!
76. He use to bowl a lot. His name is still on the board at Jorgensen's for his 299 game.
77. When people find out who my dad is they say... "Oh, he's a good bowler!".
78. He is good at everything he tries.
79. He use to lay brick. He did the rock in our house. He does a good job!
80. He loves laying tile and is good at it.
81. He's a handy man.
82. He wants a Mac! Ha ha!
83. He loves Halloween when the children come to the door.
84. He worked at DP Curtis for 17 years... I think.
85. He thinks that it is my fault that he has glasses.
86. He is excited for us to adopt and really wants to be a grandpa again.
87. He loves taking his grandkids for a ride up in the hills.
88. He likes to go hunting for antlers.
89. He likes e-bay.
90. He visit hunting forums on the internet frequently.
91. He hates hot weather.
92. He built the log bed in his bedroom.
93. He's giving.
94. He like sports, but I couldn't tell you what teams!
95. I value his opinion more than most.
96. He is always willing to help Dustyn out in any way.
97. He's patient, but he'll tell you exactly what he thinks.
98. We know we can always turn to him for advice!
99. He's supported us and helped us through this whole adoption process.
100. He's the best dad I ever could have asked for. Happy Birthday Dad. I love you! You might get a present when I get home, we'll see! :)
7 comments:
Thanks Kamie & Dustyn;
But did you have to use that STUPID picture?
Now in response to your 100 things, I must defend myself!!
I don't know if I like
Napoleon Dynamite or not...I fall asleep every time I try to watch it!!
I don't do dishes (very often) or WINDOWS!
I have to BLOG to see what my dang kids are up to!
My favorite food is.....FOOD, as you can clearly see!
My eyes are just resting when watching TV, not closed??? LOL
I didn't push the car into the canal, it was an accident!!
I haven't ridden the new 4-wheeler much yet either..
I just sucked up Jace's float tube so that he could catch the biggest Brook Trout I've ever seen...sounded good anyway.
I don't cry!!! at least I try not to when people are watching...and you can't call my sensitive emotions crying!!! shhhhhhh!
It's not that I don't love big cities, it is just that I HATE them!
I'm not hard to shop for..Thought you were getting me a MAC?
Public Speaking ??? NOT
I really hate laying tile..just became a necessity..It hurts my back and kills my knees!! Shhhh again cuz I have to do Jace's house this weekend!!!
It IS your fault I had to get glasses! And you should have to buy my new pair I need now!!!!! It will always be your fault!
I am EXCITED for a new grandbaby! so uhhhhh hurry??
I love the mountains regardless of who I'm with...
I don't like e-bay anymore..spend too much money on junk..
I don't hit the hunting forums much anymore either...get in too many fights with stupid guys over their jealousy..
I HATE HATE FREAKING HOT WEATHER!
I probably say too much of what I think because I care about people and want the best for them..
Just getting you guys home will be wonderful and present enough!
A few other things about me:
I really like seeing this side of you and seeing your sense of humor come out!
I really like it when my children can be happy and be friends with each other!
I think I probably cause a lot of stress with people, but then they stressssssss me out too!!!
I get frustrated with government agencies? No names, but trying to get mom's permits yesterday really had me pissed!!
Nothing in this world means more to me than my family!
and one final thing...Getting this old, this fast, really sucks..
Thanks for the Birthday blog...I really appreciate it and love you guys and hope all is well and that you'll be home soon...I need somebody else to decide where we are going to eat!!!!
And you need to check out my prediction on my blog!!!!
Miss you guys!
That would work for us too!
So are we going to get to go camping when we get home? :) Please....
P.S. What DO you want for your birthday, besides a Mac... it's in the mail! What else do you want to occupy your time until it comes? Guitar Heros?
Yes we are going camping! We need to break Gremlin in right!
I'm headed up to Flaming Gorge on Tuesday night and going Mack fishing all day Wednesday! Check out the website for Creative Fishing Adventures in Flaming Gorge to see the kind of fish this guy catches! I was on his standby list and he had a cancellation on Sunday so I grabbed one of the days. I wanted two but somebody else grabbed the other one!
I don't need anything for my birthday...besides I already went out and bought it!!! you knew that!
I am glad that you finally got in! That is exciting! Anyone going with you? Wish we were! Next time!
Have a great time! Hmm... Maybe we should go fishing! There is plenty of water around here to fish! Large and Small mouth Bass in the Rivers!
I'm pretty excited about going.
I guess it will just be Chet and I pulling in those big monster macs!
Hey, I guess I am going to get a MAC...at least I hope so..
IF it is good, I'll try and book a couple of days for next year and we can all go and catch a few...
Have a great day and let's pull for a baby TODAY! July 19!!!!
Post a Comment